Surefire’s 2010 New Lights Discussion

mega_lumens

Enlightened
I'm dying to see actual beamshots from the UB3T 400 lumens. It should be like an E2DL (TIR) on roid rage.
Does anyone know the science behind the unusual angled body of the new RAID weapon light? Is it for easier battery access than the usual straight bodied pistol lights?

S.F. is completely into the the TIR style optics for weapon/tac lights. Something must be right with that light form by now.

sfca

Enlightened
I think the new heads will be good!

It is the long awaited P61L when you think about it.

I have a KL5, and I find it easier to install, and more robust then the drop-ins.

That's true. I do trust OEM replacement heads & drop-ins, along with non-OEM drop-ins - but non-OEM replacement heads I'd have to wait for the long term reviews to come in.

The scan image shows that the Z2-S has no rubber retaining ring.

If that means I can throw that (smaller) head onto a C2 body and not have to get a SS bezel ring I'm down..

By the way,

This says 150 lumens for 2 hours (believable)

found these
2010-SHOT-104.JPG

And Cypher's scan says 150 lumens for 1 hour (really?)

scan0007.jpg

Schuey2002

Enlightened
The more I see it, the more I am liking that Stratum. It's body has a mini M6 thing going on! Nice.

ETA: Time to shed some light on this photo.

2010-SHOT.jpg

Last edited:

nirvanaxp

Newly Enlightened
The stratum is looking very nice. Just release this sometime this year and it's a winner.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Don't forget the first real life appearance of the long-in-vaporware LX1 with 110L as some people predicted....?

Thank you for pointing this out... I skipped right over the pictures of the LX1 without noticing that they'd increased the claimed output. 110 Lumens would be enough to make me trade in my old L1.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone explain the Stratum to me - is it another click-to-cycle type with logic in the head? It looks like a clicky tailcap to me... and a big honkin' chunk of metal for the body. Really, it looks like an ideal host for a HA 6p bezel (sourced from a weaponlight?) and a MC-E dropin, since there's so much heat-sink mass. Otherwise, though it looks great, I really can't get that excited about three modes and 150 OTF unless there's something I don't know.

The A2Z has ruined me for other (vaporware) Surefire factory lights.

gsxrac

Enlightened
I still want a catalog! And thang you for pictures of the new upgraded Invictus :huh: I was thinking about not buying one but after looking at it I think it will be a must!

Ohh yeah that tan X300 lookalike weaponlight (RAID) is supposed to really be pumping out the lumens! I think I read 300-400 somewhere?

• M720, 2 hours @ 200 lumens, 6oz with batteries and tape switch
  • M720L, 1.5 hours @ 350 lumens, 6.4 oz with batteries and tape switch
  • M720V, 1.8 hours @ 150 lumens (white), 8 hours @ 120mW (IR), 6 ounces with batteries and tape switch

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like to know the length and weight of the UB3T if someone can grab us that info. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Anybody setting odds on whether it will actually be released? We can start a new game. The SureFire equivalent of the celebrity death game. If the lights you pick actually see the light of day, you win!! :party:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of the new bodies look kind of cheap now that they're making some lights without knurling. I'll tell you I missed it a lot on my E1B and that's one of the reasons I sold it. That and the annoying mode interface. And the cold tint.. And the fact that the head wouldn't run on two cells... and...

Kindle

Enlightened
So far I'm digging the new stratum body. Can't wait to see what it feels like in the hand.

Fivemega made a hell of a bombproof AA body to fit SF heads and so and so's dropins......and it didn't sell for crap here, let alone in the real world outside of the CPF bubble. I mean seriously, Lighthound still has them for sale.

A limited run by a custom builder selling on a few specialty sites hardly counts as "the real world".

Don't for a moment think that is a knock on Mega or Lighthound, it's just that SF's market is orders of magnitude larger.

So for those that are blowing smoke about purchasing a SF AA light, put your money where your mouth is and go to Lighthound. Why wait for some mythical SF light??
Because some people want an SF light perhaps.

Sigh.. That kinda sucks. An advancement on a better C2/6P/Z2 head would have been nice.
icon14.gif

I trust non-OEM drop-ins, but.. I mean I know a lot of people do, but I can't quite trust fully a non-OEM replacement head - if this will be the path we are moving towards.

Still it's an understandable move on SF's part.

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more I see it, the more I am liking that Stratum. It's body has a mini M6 thing going on! Nice.

ETA: Time to shed some light on this photo.

2010-SHOT.jpg

+1. I've been waiting for this light for years...

Hope it is HAIII and there is more to the switch than click click click....

But in any case, I'm a buyer. The AA light is intrresting as well...and one can only hope the UB3 is finally released!

Latest posts