Surefire 123a battery damage

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Purchased a surefire g2x and the battery at the bezel end was stuck in the light. When I finally got it out this is what I found. Anybody seen this before?

Attachments

• AEDCD7B8-820D-4498-B5B6-5697B6ECDCA4.jpeg
    AEDCD7B8-820D-4498-B5B6-5697B6ECDCA4.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 142

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Definitely not dirt. It's black plastic. There is a spring on the contact in the head.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya that ain't dirt. Sure looks like plastic. Can you see anything on the spring that was in contact with it?

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Ya that ain't dirt. Sure looks like plastic. Can you see anything on the spring that was in contact with it?
Tough to see in there but doesn't appear to be anything on the spring. Bummer, I really dont want to return this because I already had to return the first one with a switch issue. I went on a buying spree this Black Friday as an emerging flashaholic and these surefires are the only ones with issues. Fenix, acebeam, and skilhunt lights have all been perfect. As long as the light isn't damaged I'd be happy with amazon just sending me a new battery or two.

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Was the light working ok? Why did you take out the batteries?
The light was working fine. I always remove the battery or batteries from a new light just to inspect and also to remove the insert many of the manufacturers use to prevent battery contact at the tail of the light.

Latest posts