Surefire and Oakley display case score

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I know it's not a Surefire display case, but after seeing a CPFer come up on a Surefire display case at local B&M store I had to get one and the wife didnt like the idea of my lights being in our bedroom on top of our drawers (FYI I had a mancave but we had a baby and now it's a nursery). I first called all the Turner's Outdoors is So. Cal and none would sell them. I did this because I went to one Turner's and saw it was no longer in the sales floor. The sales lady said that they had sent it back. Anyway was looking on Craigslist and searched "display case" and found this Oakley one. It's about 6ft. tall and no its not glass it's acrylic. Going to Home Depot or IKEA to find a light to put on top. Here are some crappy cell phone photos. This was a quick mock up, I'm going to wipe it down a bit and brasso or never dull the hell out of it like I was in boot camp and throw some Surefire stickers on it. Paid $250 saw these went for $600 and up to $1200 on eBay so I'm happy. LOL.

OakleyDisplayCase.jpg

2011-12-19223803.jpg

2011-12-19223727.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Re: Oakley display case score

Nice.

And it even has a couple of drawers to store all of your batteries/chargers/manuals/spare parts/etc

LE6920

Newly Enlightened

Very nice. Are the shelves customizable? You can add some shelves even.

Congratulations BIGLOU,

On becoming a father. Your display case looks great. When baby starts to crawl......make sure the case can't tip over. Might want to place the lights on their side also.

~ Chance

tigerledz

Newly Enlightened

I have one too, keep all my junk in it...LOL

Last edited:

Rikr

Newly Enlightened

Those are so AWESOME I have been wanting one like that for a long time, nice score guys!!

bronzet

Newly Enlightened

Man i wish this thread was around a few months ago.There was a Oakley display case on craigslist that was on sale for 300 bucks and its the double wide.I most likely go bankrupt trying to fill it up tho LOL

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened

Thanks for all the replies felllas! So a month later I got this Oakley display one of the Turner's Outdoors got back to me and said to come pick it up for $300 but would work with me. Drove over there and offered $250 and they said "OK". I did have to pay the tax, but I think I still came up. Still have not gave it a good clean (scared to scratch the pexiglass) or have taken the price labels off, but I put some of my flashlights inside. I keeping both the wife has gotten over it, hopefully I buy a house in about 6 month and it has a mancave.

2012-01-082024062.jpg

2012-01-251546322.jpg

SikDMAX

Newly Enlightened

LOL... damn that is awesome! There are a couple of the Oakley cases on Craigslist local to me... considering picking up one to display knives and guns.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

You sure got lucky again.
How about some close up photos of the racks please.
Could you do me a big favour and measure the rack part of the display. The distance between the acrylic arms and the thickness of the acrylic? Do they have all the rack holders the same size from top to bottom?
I am building my own display case as I will never see one of those down here. I have the brushed alloy sheets being laser cut with the Surefire logo as we speak and the red acrylic to go behind them. But I am doing it a little different with the racks.

cheers

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Rat I'll PM you tomorrow with measurements.

Last edited:

Latest posts