Surefire C3 Holster Issue

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I just bought a Ripoffs CO-31 holster for my C3. This is the holster listed on the Ripoffs web site as being the correct one for the C3. My issue is that the rubber grip ring on the C3 hangs up on the nylon of the holster when drawing the flashlight. Sometimes there is enough force to pull the holster off my belt.

Has anyone else experience this? If so, what was your solution?

mokona2

Enlightened
I think the CO-31 is too narrow to properly carry the C3. Based on your description, you may want a pouch that only covers about half the total length (just up to the rubber grip ring if you prefer bezel-down carry).

dougmccoy

Enlightened
IMHO you would be better off using the relevant Surefire polymer holster as this will allow secure carry without hang ups on drawing the light. The grip rings while useful for those who need to use lights with guns are a pain in *ss to draw from conventional holsters and risk hang ups.

If you dont definitely need the grip ring why not remove it and use the Ripoff's holster you've already got?

Doug

cy

Flashaholic
I've got a Surefire V71 speed hoster available. Fits an M3, should fit C3. please PM if interested.

v71 hoster.JPG

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Cy, if you have a holster for an M3, then you have a V71. According to the Surefire website, the C3 requires a V70 holster. But thanks for the offer!

Doug, I had thought about removing the ring, but I really prefer to keep my Surefires in their orignal condition. I don't use it with a gun (at least not yet), but I have become accustomed to the "syringe" grip, and actually wish my L4 had a rubber ring too!

I was hoping that someone would either:

A. Have some advice on which Ripoffs holster is actually wide enough to accomodate the C3 with the rubber ring. This is the preferable choice.

or

B. Have some tips on how I could modify the holster to accomodate the C3. Any modification would have to be fairly simple, since I am not skilled in sewing and do not own a sewing machine.

Latest posts