Surefire Copper Bezel

Mike 44

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone make copper Bezels for Surefires? Wanting a matching bezel for my copper RPM tail.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
not that I know of. You are talking about the ring that holds the lens into the head, correct?

What color is the body tube? How about the Cryos Illumination ventilated head and a black bezel ring?

Mike 44

Newly Enlightened
I´m not sure whether or not RMP made a copper Tailcap for the C/P/Z Series so I assume the OP is looking for a E-Series light (since RPM made both copper and brass tailcaps apart from Ti and HA). I would´nt no any copper bezels but at least you could get a brass one here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...amp-A2-L1-tailstands-KT-heads-Retaining-rings

Eric

Eric, I have the copper RPM tail but would love to have a matching bezel. You are correct its for an E series.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Since most copper is relatively soft, bezels in this metal are less common.

Not sure if any of the machinists who have made these in steel / Ti / brass / etc would find enough interest to make up a few of these in Cu ?

My understanding is that it is also not especially fun to work with, as I have read that it acts kind of "sticky" when turning these parts :(

Last edited:

Mike 44

Newly Enlightened
It would be great if RPM would make a bezel to match there tails.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since most copper is relatively soft, bezels in this metal are less common.
My understanding is that it is also not especially fun to work with, as I have read that it acts kind of "sticky" when turning these parts :(

This is true. Pure copper, C100, wants to 'smear' instead of cut. It's grabby too, so it will drag your cutting bits in too deep if you are not careful. I'm not familiar enough with the copper alloys, but I know there are some that look just like pure copper but have a much denser matrix. I've made some pills out of C100, it is not enjoyable to work with.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
for BeCu, as long as proper precautions are taken when machining, it's okay. machine wet and make big chips.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
just finished the mule head a couple days ago....

e-lego-cu-1.jpg

e-lego-cu-2.jpg

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is true. Pure copper, C100, wants to 'smear' instead of cut. It's grabby too, so it will drag your cutting bits in too deep if you are not careful. I'm not familiar enough with the copper alloys, but I know there are some that look just like pure copper but have a much denser matrix. I've made some pills out of C100, it is not enjoyable to work with.

yes. most folks making lights and engines are using C145 TeCu. it's better machining, but still can be grabby. I broke off 2 boring bars making a monster quad pill for a Mac.

The mule head I posted above is made with C101, and took a while to get a decent cut on it. need extremely sharp tooling with the right relief and angle to prevent the smearing...

hideOl

Newly Enlightened
Hi AllI have a C60 with the original "C" style logo and round hour makers and love it but the black painted bezel has seen better days. Id really like to replace it with a black ceramic version seen on the later models of the C60s.Does anyone know if this is technically possible and if CW would do this ?

Latest posts