SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I asked the owner 1st because someone else reported they use their LX2 that way.

I was shocked that Surefire finally made their E-series regulated with rechargeables, but it was more shocking to discover the high lumens with an R2 and low current.

How do you know when to stop to protect the IMR cells. ( Drop in output :thinking:

Nice chart!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you know when to stop to protect the IMR cells. ( Drop in output :thinking:

Nice chart!

I guess I wouldn't...I keep just IMR 16340's for testing, but if I had to use it for everyday use I would definitely go with AW CR123 cells. My EDC lights are 17670 or 17500 and those stick to protected AW cells;)

curtispdx

Enlightened
I just recently got a LX2 sample to test. It does nearly 100% identical 250 OTF lumens with both primaries and 2 IMR 16340's. With the 2 CR123 Primaries the current was higher, then the rechargeable cells the current went down. It is or appears to be fully regulated all the way up to 8.4v input.

bigc

I'm powering the LX2 head with a single (AW) RCR123 and in a *very* informal comparison with my E2DL (200 lumen) they sure looked to be very close in output.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. My old, beat up E1E might actually be my most used light. It sports nothing more than a Lumens Factory HO-E1A. The 15 lumen rating turns people off unnecessarily, I think. It's really surprising when you use one... the throw is surprisingly good, believe it or not (especially with a LF lamp, which seem to be a little more focused).

When you're actually in the DARK, I find the E1E's output and beam profile are sufficient for 95% of general tasks. The way I see a lot of CPFers talking about needing huge amounts light, I can't help but think a lot of them are rarely in the dark (as in.... actual dark). It must be people in cities with lots of light pollution, 'cause I'm never disappointed touching off my little E1E when I need to see something.

Agreed. I have a couple of E1es now, and MN01, LF HO-E1A, HO-E1R, and E0-E1R.

I generally use the the HO-E1A. For indoor use at night, or for use outdoors where there is no light pollution, it is more than enough light. For outdoor use at night, the MN01 actually works a little better, with it's slightly lower output.

I've just started using the HO-E1R and EO-E1R, and the diference between the two isn't as dramatic as you would think; though the E0 does have a bit more throw. WIth the F04, the HO-E1R makes a very nice floody light for short distances, if you need more output than the stock E1e.

A very underrated light, IMHO.

copperfox

Enlightened
Agreed. I have a couple of E1es now, and MN01, LF HO-E1A, HO-E1R, and E0-E1R.

I generally use the the HO-E1A. For indoor use at night, or for use outdoors where there is no light pollution, it is more than enough light. For outdoor use at night, the MN01 actually works a little better, with it's slightly lower output.

I've just started using the HO-E1R and EO-E1R, and the diference between the two isn't as dramatic as you would think; though the E0 does have a bit more throw. WIth the F04, the HO-E1R makes a very nice floody light for short distances, if you need more output than the stock E1e.

A very underrated light, IMHO.

Well I just ordered the HO-E1R and the EO-E1R last night. I hope one (or both) have a perfectly round hotspot just like my stock MN03 lamp. What are your observations about the beam shape on these two modules bigbluefish?

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Are there any bulb upgrades for the E1E that will give it a little more 'oomph'?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, there's a bulb specifically made for the E1E that increases output; but you have to run it on an RCR123 cell. Lighthound.com should have it in stock.

i have the lumens factory HO E1A, 40 lumen primary run bulb in my edc e1e, its great for most uses.
recomended

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest e-series lego. KM2

p1000330k.jpg

p1000326k.jpg

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am pretty sure if you only want to run 1 primary cell he can make you one just for that. Just be sure to let him know what you are after.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
My latest e-series lego. KM2

p1000330k.jpg

p1000326k.jpg

Any beamshots from that KM2? I was wondering how bright it was compared to an LX2 or E2DL. I've been considering purchasing the KM2 as an accessory just to see the brightness and could careless for the IR but figured someone might have beamshots of this badboy. If you have beamshots or a review please do share. :D

Latest posts