Surefire e2dl ultra

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
500 lumens for almost 2 and a half hours? How? are XM-L2's that efficient already?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
500 lumens for almost 2 and a half hours? How? are XM-L2's that efficient already?

It has the usual SF asterisk in the runtime listing. Runtime is to 50 lumens, 10% of the claimed max output. A little misleading on a casual reading wouldn't you agree?

Those are SF lumens, not normal lumens, your eyes won't notice as it dims, nobody needs more than 40 lumens, you can drive an MRAP over your SF, Bubba and Earl at Cabela's will never know the difference etc. :)

I really do appreciate that fact that SF is attempting to reinvigorate its LED product line with new releases. And I realize that many product claims have to be a little over the top for competitive reasons. Still, I think the SF runtime listings tend to mislead the customer somewhat and Mags' question points this out.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has the usual SF asterisk in the runtime listing. Runtime is to 50 lumens, 10% of the claimed max output. A little misleading on a casual reading wouldn't you agree?

Those are SF lumens, not normal lumens, your eyes won't notice as it dims, nobody needs more than 40 lumens, you can drive an MRAP over your SF, Bubba and Earl at Cabela's will never know the difference etc. :)

I really do appreciate that fact that SF is attempting to reinvigorate its LED product line with new releases. And I realize that many product claims have to be a little over the top for competitive reasons. Still, I think the SF runtime listings tend to mislead the customer somewhat and Mags' question points this out.
All Surefire runtimes are measured to 50lm.

I'm really interested to see if this runs as well on a single Li-Ion as does the Fury. I hope so.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Surefire runtimes are measured to 50lm.

Perhaps this proves my point once again. :huh:

May I direct your attention to the note at the bottom of page 1 of the 2013 SF Illumination Tools 'Brochure'. It says the basis for all flashlight/headlamp medium and low setting runtimes, unless otherwise noted, is until output drops below ONE lumen.

I'm really interested to see if this runs as well on a single Li-Ion as does the Fury. I hope so.

I agree, got my Fury here in the hotel in case Spiderman reappears overseas. Well, this room doesn't have a balcony but you never know.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps this proves my point once again. :huh:

May I direct your attention to the note at the bottom of page 1 of the 2013 SF Illumination Tools 'Brochure'. It says the basis for all flashlight/headlamp medium and low setting runtimes, unless otherwise noted, is until output drops below ONE lumen.
I was talking about runtime on high, sorry for the confusion.

Foskey

Newly Enlightened
I bet the throw is pretty impressive for a small light with 500lm and a TIR lens. Oh, I'm itching to buy it, right this very minute!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
well that sold out quick. I was looking at it when there were two left. Sounds like there will be some feedback soon. I wonder if its intensity will trump the EB1, since from the discussion it seemed the 500 lumens will be in the form of a wider angle beam.

biglights

Enlightened
I picked one up lastnite. Sprung for the Saturday delivery, so I will have mine soon :sssh:

MatthewSB

Enlightened
They could simplify things, greatly, with the following:

1. threaded, removable lolstrikebezel
2. Sell two versions, one with the high mode first and one where the low mode comes on first (like the P2X Fury)

....Or just release the E2B already.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you folks imagine a Surefire TIR Optic with XM-L or XPG2 at 3~4A via a Milky treatment. I bet we can finally have small E-series size lights hitting 20K lux. I been chasing 20K lux on these lights for years and maybe this as a HOST can finally do it. Looking forward to a review!!

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
If the electronics is in the head, then I would like to purchase one, cut off the strike bezel teeth and put it on my AZ2-S body. This way, I'll get a tactical two-stage, 500 SF lumen TIR combatlight.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I wonder if the head will work on the body of the LX2? I know its a different configuration but maybe the resistor in the tail will lower the output of the light. Maybe I would at least get high. Would love a two stage tactical version.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
If the electronics is in the head, then I would like to purchase one, cut off the strike bezel teeth and put it on my AZ2-S body. This way, I'll get a tactical two-stage, 500 SF lumen TIR combatlight.

I wonder if the head will work on the body of the LX2? I know its a different configuration but maybe the resistor in the tail will lower the output of the light. Maybe I would at least get high. Would love a two stage tactical version.

If the light works the same as the E2DL, the second level is in the head. I will work on an AZ2 and LX2 body with the two stage tailcap, but if you press, release, and repeat within a second or so, you will get low, if that makes any sense. The LX2 has a single level head and a two stage tailcap... putting the two stage head with a two stage tailcap means both "double levels" are working at the same time.

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
I see, then it's gonna be the same as putting an E1B head on an EB1 body, the two-stage tailcap simply won't give you the original two-stage function, the UI is still the same as the original two-stage clicky, only without the click-for-constant-on function.

Thanks Eddie!

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Why did they stop production on the LX2 Ultra?

No one knows. The speculation from some is the price point. Another theory is the attempt to keep production in the theme of the new EB series ( that is starting an EB series having the EB1 and EB2)