SureFire E2e beam vs. Inova XO3

Craig720

Enlightened
Not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here for now.

I have both the SureFire E2e and the Inova XO3. I carry both. When I compare their beams side by side, the E2e's beam looks yellow in comparison. Whodathunkit. Can anyone tell me what gives?

davidra

Enlightened
Wellll, assuming you're serious, that's what you would expect from an incandescent bulb versus an LED. They are different...whether Surefire makes it or not, all incandescent bulbs are yellower than all LED's...unless it's a yellow LED.

Craig720

Enlightened
It's an honest question. By itself, the SureFire beam looks white to me. Only in comparison to the Inova does the SureFire turn yellow. Okay, maybe I'm not that good with colors. Grin.

davidra

Enlightened
No, I'm the one that's color blind...but by their very nature, all regular incandescents are yellow in comparison to LED's...My A2 has both, and is supposed to have the whitest incandescent bulb (being regulated) and it's way yellower than the white LED's.

Craig720

Enlightened
I'm sure you're correct. It just surprised me. Prior to my buying the XO3, the E2e kicked the butt of every light I had. Now the XO3 is giving the E2e a run for its money. They both have great beams and great throw.

Great beams and great throw are highly appreciated by us over-40, myopic, nearsighted types who don't see quite as well at night as they used to.

davidra

Enlightened
I share those characteristics (except add 10 to the age) and also have a T3. The throw is excellent, the beam is white, and it easily outthrows any of my P60 lights. An excellent outdoor all purpose light.

davidra

Enlightened
Must be the lottery at work, since they're the exact same light/optics except for the case.

chumley

Enlightened
I compared a Gerber LX3 beam to a PT Vortec headlamp with a Mag 4 cell xenon bulb powered with 4 AA lithiums. To my suprise, the Vortec was whiter.

The Gerber had slightly yellow tint, but not as yellow as most incan bulbs, but the Vortec looked pure white in comparison. Although the Vortec looked yellow compared to other led lights.