Surefire E2E Rechargeable/17670/Replacement Bulbs Threads of Interest!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the hunt for one good incandescent to add to my stable, I kept coming back to the E2E. Although the original thread is alive and well, I thought starting a thread whose sole purpose would be to collect threads of interest related to using 17670 cells in the E2E, rechargeable options, different lamps, runtimes, etc. would be beneficial, and save others the task of searching.

If you have something on this topic you want me to add to the first post, please let me know. If I've posted a link to the same thread twice, please also let me know. The general scope of this thread will be using 17670 or RCR123A cells in the E2E, using different lamps in the E2E and their various advantages and disadvantages. Since this is a collection thread and not a discussion thread, please keep posts to contributions which you feel would benefit the collection. I've also included some "What is the difference between x and y?" type threads, because these often come up in discussions of which models work best for guilt free lumens.

Here is what I have so far:

3.7v Lamp for E2E
E2E and a 17670
E2E and an 18650
Is an E2E still worth getting?
E2E Bulb Replacement
Why do people love the E2E form factor?
Which Lumens Factory Bulb and Batteries for the E2E?
Surefire and Lumens Factory off one 17670
E2E Bulb Life
E1E Good first incan?
Regulated like output off E2E?
P60 beam out of E2E?
EO-E1R vs. MN03
MN03 vs. EO-E1R vs. HO-E1R vs. HO-E1A
Strion Bulb vs. EO-E1R
Outdoors Fanatic Presents the Simplest Guide Ever to Guilt Free Lumens in your E2E
E2 vs. E2E
Standard E2E vs. Outdoorsman
E2 vs. E2E and a Giant Picture from the Same Thread
Some Quick Strion Specs
What Bulbs Batteries for E2E?
E Series and 18650
17670 Fitment in an E2E
AW 17670 Sizes
Nighthikes with a 17670 E2E
The First Picture in this Thread Clearly Illustrates the Difference between the Flat and Round E2E
This Fellow Loves the Strion in his E2E
This Post Has a Great Photo Showing Old, Teardrop, and New, Rounded Bodies

Hope this helps others enjoy a wonderful form factor!

LEDAdd1ct

Last edited:

MCFLYFYTER

Banned
Thanks for the one stop shop, lots of info here. This really makes me want to want an E series again, but I just don't care for them. I am actually jealous of the E series junkies, I just want to want one. I do kind miss my old Roomsweeper though.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work their LEDAdd1ct. E series is where it's at. :thumbsup: They are definitely my favorite Surefire series of lights and always have been.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread ! good work, i dont have many lights but i have an e2d and e1e, love em both and have recently decided they just feel perfect for me, i use the e2d with 17670 for dog walking duties, e1e in the bedroom and now have a e2 tear drop cliped bezel on the way, this will make me a nice bike light :)

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really glad the threads are helpful. I don't have the electronics knowledge base and technical background of many on this board, but if I can help in a "gathering" capacity then it makes me happy to contribute.

I have an E2E on its way to get a high-CRI XP-G, and I'm pretty excited about it.

As a reminder, if anyone finds threads here on CPF or elsewhere they would like me to link in the first post, please post here so I can add them. :thumbsup:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a Veleno 2 mode High CRI xpg in my E2E. Very nice. Led's still haven't quite made it to the quality of light you get from an incan, but the hich cri xpg is close enough considering the longer run times it gives you. I think illumination supply still has some.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up an HO-E1R...it will take some time to arrive, but I'll let everybody know how I like it. :)