surefire e2e

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my E2E to a cabin in the middle of the woods. It sliced through the darkness like you wouldn't believe. The throw is great, it's very bright and compact, one of my favorite SureFire lights.

Rich

Newly Enlightened
Which LED flashlight has as good throw as the E2e?

I have the L2. A fine flashlight but its wider beam doesn't have the throw of my E2e. I would love to find a LED flashlight with at least the throw of the E2e.

I would like to see Surefire make an A3. A C3 with LEDs like the A2.

Thanks,
Rich

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have either, but I have the U2 which uses a similar deep reflector and 1.47" bezel like the L5 has. The U2 out throws the E2e and runs neck and neck with my Surefire P90 incan lamp and 1.25" bezel.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ACMarina said:
The Aleph3 would (my estimate) mock the E2e in throw. .

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it does, but can you then put it in a jeans pocket as easy? that's a big head/reflector friend.

"an LED can" that's a little vague, so a photon freedom can? or a dorcy 1XAAA? can do this?

Anyway,,
KL-1 does throw as far, maybe a bit more.VDG

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new style KL1 on an E2e body throws very similar to my E2e. I've tried them both side by side at the same time.
Given the extended runtime over the E2e it is a worthwhile upgrade.
All in all, the E2e is a great setup.

Rich

Newly Enlightened
When you guys are comparing LEDs to the E2e are you making sure your E2e has fresh batteries?

I'm going to compare a KL1 with my E2e. I will also compare an A2 and E2e for throw and while I'm at I will compare a U2 to my E2e.

My Surefire dealer is very good about letting us try the different flashlights.

Rich

vtunderground

Enlightened
With fresh batteries in both of them, my Pelican M6 LED out-throws my E2E. My Lux-III 3D Maglite embarasses both of them (but that isn't really a fair matchup). The E2E has a nice bright flood beam, but I was expecting it to be more of a "throw" light than it is.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire incands aren't really built for throw. They put out a lot of light and make big spots at practical, tactical distances. I have a KL2 that I modded with a Carley reflector and a Lux III that easily out throws my M3 with HOLA, but the LED rig doesn't put out nearly as much light and the incand.

Very good throw does not necessarily make for a good flashlight. The Kl1 and E2e have throw that is about comparable, but the E2e puts out a much more useful beam. Of course, the KL1 has the benefit of being regulated with better runtime.

Owning an E2e is a no brainer. Everyone should have at least one.

Niteowl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
Owning an E2e is a no brainer. Everyone should have at least one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Picking up an E2e at a gun show is what got me into this mess. Dishing out the $$$ for lights, that is.

Mark