Surefire eats up Lithium CR123's

GJZoomy

Newly Enlightened
Hello-
I am an avid outdoorsman, I own several Surefire flashlights as well as a cpl. UltraStinger's, at least the UltraStinger's are rechargeable. I have always purchased my CR123 batteries from surefire. They seemed cheap enough, certainly much less than the any store. I found a web-site today though that has very good deals on these CR123's. the web address is All-Battery.com their price are excellent. If anyone knows any other good places to buy these Lithium 123's please let me know. I paid about $49.99 for 50 batteries. Take care guys.
-Greg Z
[email protected]

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I've been extremely satisfied with the "Titanium" brand 123's you can buy for $1.00 each at amondotech.com

Best wishes,
Bawko

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That's why I will never buy another SF light that does not use rechargeable batteries. Thank God AW made rechargeable Li-Ion for my L2.

cy

Flashaholic
very seldom use any primary lithium cells. almost all my lights are converted to rechargeable cells. mostly li-ion, but some NMH.

primary lithium are used for backups

mdocod

Flashaholic
GJZ:
if you are interested in converting to "guilt free" rechargable configurations for your SF lights...
please read through this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/155074
most specifically posts #25 and 30.

if you want to stick to primaries- battery station cells and titanium cells are pretty good options... A ZTS tester wouldn't be a bad investment for anyone using a lot of lithiums.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

I've been extremely satisfied with the "Titanium" brand 123's you can buy for $1.00 each at amondotech.com

Same here. I like the way they shrink-wrap the multi-CR123s into little packs. This makes them easy to stick into a 12-gauge shotgun shell holder... you can clip like 20 spares onto your belt in a jiffy.