SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

P

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
If the threads are the same that's definitely a possible solution. I was on the Surefire website recently. They have changed the tail cap on the EDCL1/2 to what appears to be the Tactician style tail cap. Its a gas pedal: push a little for low and harder for high. Twist for constant on. So we have those...
Oh that new tail cap looks great!
EDCL1 T isoL 1000x1000

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Oh that new tail cap looks great!
View attachment 29259
Looks great, but it would be much better for the gas pedal if they made the shifter stick longer/protruding beyond that rim with a ring, like on the old E-series lights. Here the pusher is recessed, it is not convenient for everyone to press. Personally, I would like to have a more protruding button, like on the bottom of the picture (this is a photo-edited image)

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
Looks great, but it would be much better for the gas pedal if they made the shifter stick longer/protruding beyond that rim with a ring, like on the old E-series lights. Here the pusher is recessed, it is not convenient for everyone to press. Personally, I would like to have a more protruding button, like on the bottom of the picture (this is a photo-edited image)

View attachment 29261

I'm also a big advocate of the protruding button switch, however, the only flashlight I carry and has a recessed button is the EDCL1-T.
It feels very natural and you can activate it easily, you don't need to have the dexterity of a OB-GYN to turn it on, like on some flashlights.

P

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
I like large, tall button for the long travel clicky switch.
The semi-shrouded gas pedal switch suits me better, it gives me an index point between low & high mode.

M

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
Can you put a z68 , or a regular clicky on the edc1? Never fell in love with my 6p switch, and prefer my clicking on my G2 mv.

P

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
Looks like same tailcap design as on the SF Tactician. But they turned it into a clicky? That's unfortunate.
The new EDCL1T tailcap is the same length as the old one (longer than the Tacitician's). I think it is still a gas pedal.

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The new EDCL1T tailcap is the same length as the old one (longer than the Tacitician's). I think it is still a gas pedal.

EDCL1T is not exactly what is in the title of the topic - EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT)) The names are too similar. Unfortunately, the EDC1-DFT seems to have a click-button.

M

Mountain Man

Newly Enlightened
No. The tailcap threads on the body of gas pedal switch lights are much longer than other e series. This is tightened down all the way.

View attachment 29340
Thanks for checking. Found another thread showing how different e series light's have different thread lengths.