SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
But does having all the lumens matter? I mean I guess it depends on the task. I think a good throw with good lumens would be a good combo.

fulee9999

Enlightened
at 550 lumens and 71000 cd I don't see it as part of the lumen wars, it's basically a corpo version of the Malkoff E2XT/E2XTD or Modlite PLHv2.
What is intriguing is the two modes and the claimed 2 hour runtime.
If they price this right, this could be a real hit

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's another throwback idea by SureFire rwolf.
Back in the day some models had a "turbo head" option where a big ole relector made sure light from the light bulb shot foward very well. It was a search & rescue light like a gigantic 7D big head Rayovac Sportsman in a much smaller package. The big S&R lights could throw a beam hundreds of yards with only 150 or so lumens.
B854B28A-39E5-47F4-8132-24CE10962BA9.jpeg

The concept here is much the same. Only 550 lumens using an optical lens system makes sure those 550 lumens shoot out the front like from a bazooka. I like the idea of the dang light not getting so hot like those high lumen numbers that can get rather warm very quickly before a thermal step down kicks in.

Last edited:

fulee9999

Enlightened
oh wow, that's an interesting blast from the past! :)

I thought you were gonna mention the dominator as an S&R light, because that is "only" 2400 lumens as well, but 200.000 cd :D
If this new EDC1 will sustain the 500 lumens with the tight 71000 cd beam for an hour, this is going to be amazing!

tango44

Enlightened
Always, always, always remember SureFire lights are targeted to military, first responders and special ops types. So whenever they put out a new product it has that market in mind.
It's funny because most of the clients are average civilian Joes that are firearm enthusiasts!
SF has military contracts but most of them are in weapon light systems, not handhelds and police departments and other agencies tend to buy Streamlight for the satisfactory performance and great price...

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
No updates and non of the usual big SF suppliers have them listed for pre-sale either at the moment.
Okay thanks man - I'm trying to hold out for these. Though I've been eyeing the tactician - it looks pretty dope as well, seems like a solid form factor for EDC not too big not too small.

Though I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the UI - I like twisting the head for high/low - however the tail cap is where I'm standoffish - twisted for constant / pressing for momentary.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Out of the catalog?
Yeah.... if you've had your eye on one for awhile, now would be the best time to pull the trigger.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's funny because most of the clients are average civilian Joes that are firearm enthusiasts!
SF has military contracts but most of them are in weapon light systems, not handhelds and police departments and other agencies tend to buy Streamlight for the satisfactory performance and great price...
Agreed.
But back in the heyday for SureFire many of their products were designed for military use. When things went their way lots and lots were produced for military contracts.
Yeah, these days it's like you said. And since the average patrolman is not paid a lot of $ it makes sense to opt for a Streamlight. I know plenty of police who've either never heard of SureFire or quip "SureFire? I can't afford those". They all carry a Streamlight product. Mostly issued Stingers.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Surefire stated during shot show that their lights would be out first quarter. That time has gone and past. I wonder if they are having supply chain issues.

WDR65

Enlightened
Surefire stated during shot show that their lights would be out first quarter. That time has gone and past. I wonder if they are having supply chain issues.
This is par for the course for Surefire. They may be having supply issues or the lights failed testing or QC in some way. It's been like this since at least 2002 or 3 when I first started paying attention to this forum and Surefire's catalogs.

I hope they're introduced but wouldn't hold my breath.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
With all of the supply chain issues it shouldn't be a surprise these were delayed.
My coworker had his catalytic convertors stolen on his work truck in December and is still waiting for parts.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I was thinking about this the other day, an LEP would give decent candela for a good distance. If you are looking for distance that is an option.

fulee9999

Enlightened
more than a month late, and still no sign of the new turbos, and SureFire stopped responding to queries about these lights :poke:

hamhanded

Enlightened
Surefire is probably so fed up with the enthusiast crowd by now

"The nerds are email bombing us again, what do we do Chief"
"I dunno, put out an x-treme video with a bunch of .mil dudes running around with automatic weapons"
"K boss"
"Oh yeah and make sure it ends with a 'coming soon', but don't say what is coming, or when soon is"
"You got it"
"And I guess if we're putting out another light let's just reuse the same drivers and LEDs we've been using for a decade"
"Won't they hate that?"
"...yes."

Latest posts