SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
Some SF EDC2 DFT news from TFB. The tail switch is a forward clicky😔
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/06/02/surefire-edc2-dft-flashlight/

I'm not sure if that is a surprise, I don't think SureFire even has reverse clicky tails, but thanks for the info!

Good news that they are still showcasing this, so hopefully it might see the shelves, but the language that the author used made me smile:
extremely powerful (550 lumens)

I mean yeah.. We're way beyond that for years now, however the 71000 candela and the 3.75 hours of runtime sound impressive!

Also... is that an OSRAM led or am I just seeing things?

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I'm not sure if that is a surprise, I don't think SureFire even has reverse clicky tails, but thanks for the info!

Good news that they are still showcasing this, so hopefully it might see the shelves, but the language that the author used made me smile:

I mean yeah.. We're way beyond that for years now, however the 71000 candela and the 3.75 hours of runtime sound impressive!

Also... is that an OSRAM led or am I just seeing things?
View attachment 28450

Need a larger image, I'm still hoping for Cree XP-P

According to the characteristics, it also fits, + it is 3535, so they can use a stock of old LED boards, and not make new 3030 for Osram

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
Need a larger image, I'm still hoping for Cree XP-P

According to the characteristics, it also fits, + it is 3535, so they can use a stock of old LED boards, and not make new 3030 for Osram

That sounds logical, big manufacturers don't really like using new component.

Reading up on a completely different topic I bumped in to this cool table:

I don't know, from this it seems like more of an OSRAM judging by the yellow-to-white ratio, but your idea seems more plausible.

desert.snake

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Let's just wait a couple more months until it's in someone's hands :)

Olumin

Olumin

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
The disappointment stems from the lack of a "gas pedal" switch like on the previous iteration. That makes these lights a hard pass for me as well, as that tailcap is what makes these lights unique IMO.

fulee9999

fulee9999

Enlightened
The disappointment stems from the lack of a "gas pedal" switch like on the previous iteration. That makes these lights a hard pass for me as well, as that tailcap is what makes these lights unique IMO.

we unfortunately already knew that, SF confirmed that it will be the same electronic switching as most other flashlights:

( fb link bugged out, it's a comment under the March 9th post )

I really like the gas pedal switch on the EDCL1-T, I don't understand why did they abandon it, it was the best, most innovative thing SureFire did in the recent years...
( and it works well, highly intuitive, I don't get it )

sgt253

sgt253

Enlightened
Its too bad that they're putting a click tailcap on these lights. I was excited about the possibilities of the push through or gas pedal type tailcap. Pass for me.

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
Crap.... everything's gone up in price.

knucklegary

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
$300 doesn't buy ya much anymore.. Here in CA gets me only a few tanks of fuel.

B

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
I’ve been stalking this particular thread and this light since it was announced.

I love my EDCL2-T. I’m probably buying one of these as soon as they are available.

B

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
Its too bad that they're putting a click tailcap on these lights. I was excited about the possibilities of the push through or gas pedal type tailcap. Pass for me.
If it’s threaded the same so you think you’d be able to switch the EDCL2/1 tail cap onto it?

When I buy one, I may try it.

Last edited:
sgt253

sgt253

Enlightened
If it’s threaded the same so you think you’d be able to switch the EDCL2/1 tail cap onto to?

When I buy one, I may try it.
If the threads are the same that's definitely a possible solution. I was on the Surefire website recently. They have changed the tail cap on the EDCL1/2 to what appears to be the Tactician style tail cap. Its a gas pedal: push a little for low and harder for high. Twist for constant on. So we have those...

kerneldrop

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did these lights ever hit the market ?