SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Fury reflector P60 sized or bigger?
It's deeper and wider, if compare with 6PX

Surefire are hard to get where I'm from but I wouldn't mind one of these EDC if they come to fruition. The current model Aviator, possibly in red or amber would be nice too.
Price and availability make it tough.
We have the same way. The current aviator is good, I like the yellow-green

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's deeper and wider, if compare with 6PX

We have the same way. The current aviator is good, I like the yellow-green
I hadn't given the yellow/green much thought, definitely wouldn't go for the blue.
The red or amber seemed more useful to me but the yellow/greens might be a good choice.
I haven't handled an Aviator, can you tell me what makes you prefer the yellow/green?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't handled an Aviator, can you tell me what makes you prefer the yellow/green?
Before never thought about yellow-green. When I had Onion rings for the tube aviator, I tried the yellow-green diodes that came with it. It looks like it's a blue LED with phosphor coated, not monochrome like red or others. It showed other colors well at close range. It's hard to explain, just a nice color at night for my eyes (everything is individual, as for example many people like amber)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Seriously, best to just go about your Life.
One day sometime in the somewhat near future, someone will make a post about getting their hands on one. Otherwise, it's like waiting for a bus at an abandoned Stop that was cut off from service a week ago, but no one bothers to tell you, as you sit there and just wait.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
One day sometime in the somewhat near future, someone will make a post about getting their hands on one. Otherwise, it's like waiting for a bus at an abandoned Stop that was cut off from service a week ago, but no one bothers to tell you, as you sit there and just wait.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, to me things are just vaporware until I see 'in stock' and a button that says 'add to cart'. I used to hang in another 'valley' (silicon) so I try to not to lose sleep over vaporware or I'd be an insomniac by now!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it was said the price would be over $200, (I think I saw $299 somewhere) it caused me to not care if they ever arrive.

I was just at BJ and noted that they sell the Fury DFT (std) for $224 (and no, I'm not interested in one today). That does however suggest to me that new models might be expected to perhaps cost that much or more - $300 doesn't sound like a big stretch for SF in '22 (or '23, or...) if something is fancy and new.

tango44

Enlightened
October 2022 and still no lights.
I'm so happy with my Modlites Plhv2 that I don't have interest on these now!

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
October and still nothing. I would love to have the new EDC1, but nothing has come out. I guess the good thing is, they wont release a product that isnt tough as nails. I did see they put out a P1RZ and an Intellibeam version on their website.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
October and still nothing. I would love to have the new EDC1, but nothing has come out. I guess the good thing is, they wont release a product that isn't tough as nails. I did see they put out a P1RZ and an Intellibeam version on their website.
At this stage, there's likely some sort of odd gremlin they're trying to find and fix. But who knows how long that'll take.

fulee9999

Enlightened
sooo... they still have these up on the website and still no sign of actual production units.
does anyone have any news on these...?