SureFire EDC1-DFT and EDC2-DFT

alnl1996

Newly Enlightened
A couple hours after I bought the Modlite in Moss Green, the Could Defensice MCH HC in OD green went back in stock.

How do you like it?
The quality of this light exceeded my expectations. I decided to get the EDC with the dual mode because I prefer the neutral tint and I want to be able to use the light indoors.
The anodizing on this light so far has held up 100% in the past few months.. I'm very hard on my lights I also use them at work.
The best beam pattern of all my lights. Massive throw and a tonne of spill.
My version does not get too hot after an extended time, double click (or momentary) high comes on then gradually steps down after a few minutes to extend battery life.
One thing I've noticed is the light responds differently to different batteries and/or voltage.
The output may step down a bit quicker with cheaper batteries..for safety I guess.
I should note that the beam quality on a wall is perfect no artifacts whatsoever.
Overall I will purchase another from them maybe the HC model.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I got a really good deal on a Haley Strategic/Surefire DFT. So I guess when surefire finally gets around to releasing the product, I will look at the reviews.

tango44

Enlightened
November 2022 and still no lights, looks like other Surefire projects that will never see the light...
Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Modlite lights...

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
November 2022 and still no lights, looks like other Surefire projects that will never see the light...
Meanwhile I'm enjoying my Modlite lights...

Same. Just arrived today. Battery is charging, haven't tested it yet.

Attachments

• 6D2B81FB-E4A7-4993-BD47-A52C7AF5ED75.jpeg
    6D2B81FB-E4A7-4993-BD47-A52C7AF5ED75.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 547C35BD-E58F-4FAD-8F8D-F102457799B8.jpeg
    547C35BD-E58F-4FAD-8F8D-F102457799B8.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 90186C9D-79A0-44AE-97CD-DF6F2B0407DB.jpeg
    90186C9D-79A0-44AE-97CD-DF6F2B0407DB.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 140

Mister S

Newly Enlightened

SureFire SF18350 1100mAh 3.7V Protected Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Button Top Battery with Built-in Micro-USB Charging Port

I see this battery is expected at Battery Junction on 12/15/22. Perhaps the lights will be out at that time or before.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened

SureFire SF18350 1100mAh 3.7V Protected Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Button Top Battery with Built-in Micro-USB Charging Port

I see this battery is expected at Battery Junction on 12/15/22. Perhaps the lights will be out at that time or before.
Waiting for a Black Friday/Christmas release does make a bit of sense.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think surefire cares much anymore about their flashlight division, but mainly focuses on their weapon lights & suppressors. The days they were king of the hill are long over & their flashlights don't bring in the money anymore they used to. They still make a few good lights but mostly they're out of the game. Malkoff is now what surefire used to be, at least for hand-held flashlights.

WDR65

Enlightened
I don't think surefire cares much anymore about their flashlight division, but mainly focuses on their weapon lights & suppressors. The days they were king of the hill are long over & their flashlights don't bring in the money anymore they used to. They still make a few good lights but mostly they're out of the game. Malkoff is now what surefire used to be, at least for hand-held flashlights.
I disagree, they still have some innovative designs. I'm starting my third year carrying a Stiletto daily and I've not found a better EDC light and I have dozens of options. They don't have as much legoability as the older designs and Malkoffs have but they're still extremely well built and useful. Their newest TIR optics have some of the best throw/spill setups and I say that coming from owning an early 2000's KL1 and trying to just about every E series and a few C and M series TIR lights. Sure they're not the brightest or the one with the most modes but a lot of thought has gone into their designs.

Back on topic based on the TURBO weaponlights showing up I imagine we'll see these in the near future. I'm not hyped on the price and I don't know if I have a need for one but that hasn't stopped me in the past.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
I disagree, they still have some innovative designs. I'm starting my third year carrying a Stiletto daily and I've not found a better EDC light and I have dozens of options. They don't have as much legoability as the older designs and Malkoffs have but they're still extremely well built and useful. Their newest TIR optics have some of the best throw/spill setups and I say that coming from owning an early 2000's KL1 and trying to just about every E series and a few C and M series TIR lights. Sure they're not the brightest or the one with the most modes but a lot of thought has gone into their designs.

Back on topic based on the TURBO weaponlights showing up I imagine we'll see these in the near future. I'm not hyped on the price and I don't know if I have a need for one but that hasn't stopped me in the past.

I may upgrade the light on my rifle if I find their turbo performs as promised. While I love my Modlite handheld, they seem to suck at switches - be they rifle or pistol. SureFire still wins there I think.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened

Attachments

• 67129696-CDC2-4FDC-AC05-E5401DEC3260.jpeg
    67129696-CDC2-4FDC-AC05-E5401DEC3260.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 71

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that what they call it? 😂

I'm interested to handle one eventually.

No it's just Fury, pretty wide beam not much further than 6PX and P1R

Turboheads appeared on the lights of scout 18650)) So it remains only to wait for new bodies with 2 modes of operation))