SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

Beard Man

Enlightened
None of the ones I have seen taken apart were potted. But, the MCPCB's were conformal coated which has similar benefits to potting.

Its actually looks more like covered with a layer of epoxy,at least in my case with P1R Peacekeeper.

I took the plunge and ordered a Surefire EDCL2-T from the Surefire website. I was a long-time user of the L2 Lumamax back in 2007. I am really hoping the 1,200 lumens will be impressive and powerful enough.

This is the third brightest Surefire flashlight behind only the Hellfighter 5 and UDR Dominator. The price was really good for a genuine Surefire flashlight. This is why I took the plunge and bought one.

My manager at work asked me a year ago which WeaponLight he should buy for his AR15. I told him don't mess around with any other brand and buy a Surefire.

I truly feel that when push comes to shove, when it's life and death, only a Surefire will do. I will only trust Surefire in a life or death situation. I'm not a gun dude like my manager but even as a search and rescue and flashlight enthusiast, my only choice is Surefire.

:drunk:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the plunge and ordered a Surefire EDCL2-T from the Surefire website. I was a long-time user of the L2 Lumamax back in 2007. I am really hoping the 1,200 lumens will be impressive and powerful enough.

This is the third brightest Surefire flashlight behind only the Hellfighter 5 and UDR Dominator. The price was really good for a genuine Surefire flashlight. This is why I took the plunge and bought one.

My manager at work asked me a year ago which WeaponLight he should buy for his AR15. I told him don't mess around with any other brand and buy a Surefire.

I truly feel that when push comes to shove, when it's life and death, only a Surefire will do. I will only trust Surefire in a life or death situation. I'm not a gun dude like my manager but even as a search and rescue and flashlight enthusiast, my only choice is Surefire.

:drunk:

Malkoff and Elzetta are no slouches either when it comes to mission critical lights. In fact personally, I think I would trust them even more then Surefire if my life depended on it.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone heard if any of these have shipped out? I am guessing not. Lol

A-MAC

Enlightened
Anyone heard if any of these have shipped out? I am guessing not. Lol

I ordered a 1L a couple weeks ago and almost immediately got a backorder notice. I just checked the order status and she said possibly later this month but most likely mid January.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a 1L a couple weeks ago and almost immediately got a backorder notice. I just checked the order status and she said possibly later this month but most likely mid January.
Hmm. Well I guess they will eventually show up. Seems the dates keep getting pushed back though.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing they received way more orders than anticipated and the Mega Lumens Monday's were more successful than expected.
Must have. I just wondered if any of the new lights have made it to any consumers at all.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is getting old quick. I've talked to Surefire a couple times and the times keep getting pushed back.
Yes. Looks like all the new lights dates keep getting pushed back. Oh well. Luckily we have other lights to use right. Lol

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing they received way more orders than anticipated and the Mega Lumens Monday's were more successful than expected.

Is there an unknown but much more popular version of CPF that I don't know about, that this light was first announced on? Or was the first run bought up by one group of buyers who knew about it before CPF? I find it hard to believe no one on CPF has gotten it after a bunch of us ordered as soon as it appeared ready to order in various methods(directly from SF, from vendors, etc).

But crazier things have happened so....

Last edited: