Surefire G2/G3 Extension tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip

Enlightened
Does anyone make a plastic extension tube for the Surefire G2/G3 that allows an extra 123 battery to be used in the flashlight? A friend asked me to find him one and I am having no luck.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not aware of any such third party products, but I know SureFire doesn't make one. The A19 (metal one cell extender) would work fine, if it doesn't absolutely have to be plastic/nitrolon.

Regards,
Tempest

matt0

Enlightened
The SureFire AN14 is a Nitrolon extension tube that comes with the rechargable battery kit for the G2's. IIRC, it's 1.5 cells long so if you use some sort of metal spacer (if using a metal spacer, wrap it in electrical tape or something so that it does NOT touch the sides of the battery tube) or dummy cell, you can add another cell into it.

AN14
an14bk160lw8.gif

There is no Nitrolon equivalent to an A19 extender or one like Mark A. linked to.

Last edited:

Nite

Enlightened
The surefire A19 extender is nice..20$ from B&H

google A19 extender surefire

also the solarforce extender from lighthound is awesome for 7$ its identical almost.

im using BOTH on a G2 with two 17670s driving a P91 for 330 lumens at about 30 minutes.

Im using a G2 with two since neither single extender would work on my G3, maybe due to the the lockout design on the tail end. or too much lubricant.

Last edited:

Rat6P

Enlightened
I remember it wasnt that long ago that Lighthound:)bow:) had the SureFire AN14 Nitrolon extension tubes in stock.
Drop them a line and see if they can get them in again. I seem to remember they used to have both the black and the yellow.

flip

Enlightened
Thanks guys. I thought I remembered seeing a plastic 1 cell extension on Ebay a while back but my memory isn't what it used to be so...? I'll keep looking.

w0lfATTACK

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but on the same note, does anyone know what exactly would happen if I added a third cell this way to a G2X Tactical? Would the LED simply burn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.