Surefire G2 press fit bezel

yywrxg00

Newly Enlightened
Got another G2-HD couple day ago,have some mark on lens so i try replacing it but it don't have bezel ring,is that a press fit lens like old laser products bezel? anyone know about it?i own 10+ G2 this one is only one come with this style

Attachments

• PXL_20230131_141109432.jpg
    PXL_20230131_141109432.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20230131_140245874.jpg
    PXL_20230131_140245874.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 121
  • PXL_20230131_140140517.jpg
    PXL_20230131_140140517.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 103

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a first for me as well, interesting.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got another G2-HD couple day ago,have some mark on lens so i try replacing it but it don't have bezel ring

Hey yywrxg00.
If it threads the same, you can just stow it and run this. Comes with "Optical Coated Ultra Clear UCL Tempered Glass Lens" installed. Get it with a stainless ring, because it's awesome.

yywrxg00

Newly Enlightened
Hey yywrxg00.
If it threads the same, you can just stow it and run this. Comes with "Optical Coated Ultra Clear UCL Tempered Glass Lens" installed. Get it with a stainless ring, because it's awesome.
Since it's a camo pattern G2 i don't really want to swap bezel,LF bezel is awesome indeed i have couple of them

yywrxg00

Newly Enlightened
Never seen that before and I also own a ton of them.
And is a longtail,but i look every detail is a authentic one, Google it i find others has same bezel, actually one is showed on Japan Wikipedia LOL
That's interesting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-231350.png
    Screenshot_20230131-231350.png
    747.8 KB · Views: 89
  • m38856698373_1.jpg
    m38856698373_1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 71
  • SureFire_G2Nitron.jpg
    SureFire_G2Nitron.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 76

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it's a camo pattern G2 i don't really want to swap bezel,LF bezel is awesome indeed i have couple of them
That's a fair point. I couldn't tell from the first picture, thought it was black and a close match. Interesting G2.

rrego

Enlightened
Got another G2-HD couple day ago,have some mark on lens so i try replacing it but it don't have bezel ring,is that a press fit lens like old laser products bezel? anyone know about it?i own 10+ G2 this one is only one come with this style
I too have a press fit bezel G2, but it is yellow. It rattles and is not water tight. I contacted Surefire about the rattle and they sent me a replacement yellow hex bezel. However I left the press fit bezel on as it is different and looks very cool with the smooth ring.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, that's bizarre. I got my G2 and bought a couple for friends around 2001/2002 and it had the screw-in lens retaining ring. I've never seen that before.

Could it still be a screw-in ring just flush with the end? If you take a raquetball and press it on the lens and twist counter-clockwise does it unscrew? Very interesting.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
None of my G2's are press to fit. Round head 6P's are though.

Email Chris at flashlight lens dot com and he can probably tell you what size to buy and may even have some in stock.

Take an 18mm deep well socket and pop out the old one. Use a 19mm deep well to pop in the new one.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was done for a VERY short time with the Treebark G2 and the Yellow G2. I don't believe it was ever done with the black, tan, or green models, but it is possible, I've just never seen one other than those two. In fact I've never seen a Treebark G2 that wasn't press fit, so the example you have on the right is a rarity to me. Back when they were available I never bought the Treebark model because I only saw ones that had the press fit lense, and I like to be able to remove my lense if need be, for cleaning and repairs or upgrades.

yywrxg00

Newly Enlightened
It was done for a VERY short time with the Treebark G2 and the Yellow G2. I don't believe it was ever done with the black, tan, or green models, but it is possible, I've just never seen one other than those two. In fact I've never seen a Treebark G2 that wasn't press fit, so the example you have on the right is a rarity to me. Back when they were available I never bought the Treebark model because I only saw ones that had the press fit lense, and I like to be able to remove my lense if need be, for cleaning and repairs or upgrades.
Didn't notice the normal version is more rarity in Treebark,now I'm so glad i got both, thank you!

yywrxg00

Newly Enlightened

Email Chris at flashlight lens dot com and he can probably tell you what size to buy and may even have some in stock.

Take an 18mm deep well socket and pop out the old one. Use a 19mm deep well to pop in the new one.
I have couple surefire Z17 lens kit left, but thanks for the advice!

rrego

Enlightened
I have seen the press fit or smooth ring bezel on a black G2, it was posted here on CPF.

Also a few years back an eB seller had black G2s (out of Greece) and the picture on his eB listing was of a press fit/smooth ring black G2.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen the press fit or smooth ring bezel on a black G2, it was posted here on CPF.

Also a few years back an eB seller had black G2s (out of Greece) and the picture on his eB listing was of a press fit/smooth ring black G2.

Interesting, but doesn't surprise me. Now that I think back I might have seen an FDE tan one like that too at one point. I think by that time they had already discontinued the OD green, then the FDE tan discontinue came shortly after. But I'd be interested to see an example of any. I know I saw the treebark and yellow versions for sure, I think I even saw the yellow version in person at a sporting goods store if my memory serves correctly.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if it's as easy with a polymer head? Maybe it has more give so more difficult? I'm thinking back and remembering people saying using dimes and pressure to pop them out and in on the old round 3p/6p/9p bezels, I can't remember exactly what the trick was.. I just hated the old lexan press fit bezels, I always tried to avoid them. And all G2's came with lexan bezels whether press fit or not, so it was my practice to replace most of them with glass.

timbo114

Enlightened
This thread peaked my interest this morning, so I HAD to dig out my camo G2s.
I have 2 gem mint tree bark with the press fit bezel ring.
I had no clue these were any different than my other G2s.
Learn somethng every day.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, kind of a sucky lesson though. If I had bought one back then without first having seen a picture of the bezel I would have been pretty disappointed.