Surefire G3

iholla

Newly Enlightened
I got this little blurp off of a shooting website about the G3

SureFire announces its G3 flashlight, a more powerful version of its G2 Nitrolon flashlight. The slightly larger 9-volt G3 has a maximum light output of 105 lumens and is constructed of Nitrolon, a polymer made from nylon and fine glass fibers for added rigidity, abrasion resistance and increased stability at high temperatures.

The G3 features tailcap switching for constant or momentary light, with a lockout tailcap that prevents accidental activation during transport or storage. Total length of the G3 is 6.5", with a weight of 5.5 ounces. The flashlight runs off 3-volt lithium batteries that provide a one-hour runtime, and it comes in black and olive-drab green.

nightstalker101

Enlightened
Wow, I cant wait till they come out. However I wish they were making it in Yellow too. I have a Yellow G2.

xm_8

Banned
There's an adapter tube to make the G2 longer to accomodate a third battery.
I was hoping for a G2 or G3 with led and clickie. I don't want to spend a fortune to upgrade a G2/G3 with led and clickie.

Bryan

Enlightened
xm_8 said:
There's an adapter tube to make the G2 longer to accomodate a third battery.
I was hoping for a G2 or G3 with led and clickie. I don't want to spend a fortune to upgrade a G2/G3 with led and clickie.

Well, that adapter makes it a bit longer than 3 cells so you will need a spacer if you go that route.

highorder

Enlightened
that is not the equivalent of the a19. it requires that you use a B65 battery.

alas, the XM8 is dead. it looked to be a fine weapon.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
65535 said:
If its 1.5 batteries long try a G6 with 2 extenders and a 18 volt bulb!
or hey you could take two extender put them together and stick an LU60 on it and walla you got a pimp G3 on steriods.:D

Last edited:

Hog

Newly Enlightened
The extenders from surefire that are being referred to work great if you dont mind using a battery spacer cut to fit. I have done 3 of these, very easy no skill needed. This works great to convert to 9 volt or by using this same adapter & loosening the bezel a bit you can use 4 primarys & a 12 volt la, got this setup mounted on a weapon & it works great. I actually prefer the longer length over the base G2 & even when using 2 primarys & a 6 volt la I leave it attached & use a longer spacer. It fits my hands better.

Hog