Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Solscud007,
Please can you reduce the size of the image you've posted so that it complies with out rules. It's far too huge!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks for resizing. We have image size rules due to the variety of ways people access CPF - not everybody has a huge monitor afterall.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neither do I. I use a 15" screen laptop. but I can understand that connection-wise, large images take a LONG time to load for some people.

ShortArc

Enlightened
IMG_0294Medium.jpg

The Cable: Follow the Amphenol Angle Plug (top left) to a "Y" in the two cables. The cables are standard SJEOOW Cord (14 & 18 AWG). One run goes to the switch (custom Surefire by the looks of it) the other goes to the dual Ba-5590 battery plugs (also custom?) and then continues to a spare fuse holder (machined aluminum) and ends with a 12V adapter and cover (also machined aluminum).

Size15's

Flashaholic
I assume that this cable will be very badly treated in use (through use) and will need to withstand use, misuse and abuse...
I'd be interested in your impression of it from this perspective if you feel able to comment?

Also, seems strange that the covers of the dual Ba-5590 battery plugs aren't retained by tethers...

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

In today's cut throat, cost cutting, move production overseas world, it's very comforting knowing Surefire
spares no expenses when it comes to the quality and R&D that went into the Beast and the Hellfighter.

While most companies would call it good enough, Surefire makes continual refinements to these products.

Thanks for the pic and the explanation. I hope shortly to have a Hellfighter of my own and appreciate your
help and expertise over this past week. :thanks:

AA6TZ

Enlightened
DAMN what an incredible light you've got there, ShortArc!!!!!! :takeit:
Thanks a lot for sharing those amazing photos!!!!!! :twothumbs

-Clive

ShortArc

Enlightened
I would love to see a beamshot shootout with Beast vs. Hellfighter vs. Polarion PH40...

You really want me to head out into the cold New England winter night don't you?! :D
I'll see what I can do but I don't have too much distance for shots around my house....

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Then put some distance between you and your house. For CPF. For your fellow flashaholics who want to drool over those great lights they will most likely never own.
:D
:poke:

bernie

ShortArc

Enlightened
Then put some distance between you and your house. For CPF. For your fellow flashaholics who want to drool over those great lights they will most likely never own.
:D
:poke:

bernie

I will I will .... I was just too darn cold tonight and tomorrow promises to be worse...so hopefully later in the week.

In the mean time a new wiring harness for more compactness.

The Hellfighter has a "hotspot" which out throws almost every light I own (except for the Harbor Freight orange monster and the Maxabeam I used to own).:devil:

IMG_0302Medium.jpg

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hellfighter has a "hotspot" which out throws almost every light I own (except for the Harbor Freight orange monster and the Maxabeam I used to own).:devil:

IMG_0302Medium.jpg

Can't wait to see some beamshots. :twothumbs

Awesome set-up on the wiring harness. I like your idea of sewing a custom nylon cover
with a velcro or zipper closure on the bottom side to cover the unprotected wires.

Would keep things protected and sheltered from the elements, and OK it would also look
just simply bad ***!

Keep this up and you'll be the death of my wallet!!!

ShortArc

Enlightened
My Bren-Tronics BB-2590/U military batteries arrived.
Here is the spec:

Description . . . . . . . . Rechargeable, Lithium Ion Battery with "State of Charge Display"
National Stock Number . . . . . 6140-01-490-4316
For Use In . . . . . . . . SINCGARS & ATCS (AN/PRC-104, 119) FALCON (AN/PRC-138117) KY-57, MXF430 (V), AN/PSC-5, M22.
Replacement for or Compatible with . . . BB-590/U, BB-390A/U, BB-690/Y, BA-3590/U & BA-5590/U.
Nominal Dimensions . . . . . . Length: 4.40 in (111.76mm)
Width: 2.45 in (62.23 mm)
Height: 5.00 in (127.00 mm)
Nominal Weight . . . . . . . 3.10 Lb (1.4 Kg)
MaximumVoltage . . . . . . . 33.0 V, Two (2) 16.5 V Section
NominalVoltage . . . . . . . 28.8 V, Two (2) 14.4 V Section
Nominal Capacity . . . . . . . 6.2 Ah @ 28.8 V — 12.4 Ah @ 14.4 V
Cutoff Voltage . . . . . . . . 20.0 V———-10.0 V
Operating Temperature Range . . . . -20ºC to +55ºC (-4ºF to +131ºF)
Storage Temperature Range . . . . . -20ºC to +55ºC (-4ºF to +131ºF)
Case Material & Color. . . . . . . Modified ABS plastic, Sand Color with Yellow printing.
Connector . . . . . . . . Floating Type Per U.S. Army DWG# SC-C-179495
Recommended Charger s. . . . . . PP-8498/U (SPC), PP-8481A/U (COTM)
Standard Charge . . . . . . . Charge each section independently at constant voltage of 16.5V 3 A (max) for 5 Hr

As I do not have a military charger the charging procedure is a little cryptic:
Charge each 12V section independently at 16.5V constant Voltage (3 amps max). Charge is completed when current drops to 100mA.
To allow charging to proceed, separately apply 5VDC through a 470 Ohm 1/4W resistor between the "charge enable" contact (+) and pin 6 of the main connector (-).

Also you have to make yourself a custom wiring harness unless you buy one from a military supplier and pay some $$$.

Sorry still no beam shots as we had an ice storm here and only got power back two days ago. Life is still playing catch-up. Well, with a little time for battery charging of course.

Cheers.

IMG_0346Medium.jpg

IMG_0342Medium.jpg

ShortArc

Enlightened
Ken,
I believe the reflector design of the current HF is different from the one used in your photos. It now appears to have alot more throw.
No doubt, the Polarions (I know because I own a few) boast a much higher lumens rating.
Cheers.

DM51

Hellfighter vs PH/PF40:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/183604

The 50-watt capability of the Polarion "Night Reaper" would further widen the gap.