Surefire Hellfighter (picture intensive)

ven

Flashaholic
Time to revisit the Hellfighter Ven?

Well, after the house is done anyway.

:laughing:

seeing pics like that does not help!

Hardest part is sourcing the battery pack and not getting stung, i am coming round to carrying a battery and light! After all, its part of the experience! ................no doubt an awesome one.

Plus i like BIG lights, many advantages output/heat.

Anita

Newly Enlightened
Hello. The charger model from Bren-Tronics is BTC-70791-LR and it is about 200US$.

Expensive, but did not want a big box sitting around.

This is the "low rate" version. Charge time is around 10 hours I think. They also sell a "medium rate" version with a charge time of around 6 hours, but it is more expensive and also more parts. Also I will usually not be in a big rush to charge since I will know when I need it!

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on a successful outcome! Thanks for the info on the charger! I have a solar charger for the Bren-Tronics but was interested in a wall unit.

Good luck with the Hellfighter!

Anita

Newly Enlightened
Found perfect pouch for battery! Well, perfect except that there is no pink >,<"... Nyeh heh heh!

niD7Lqk.jpg

gVRDu1T.jpg

Anita

Newly Enlightened
Haha I saw that pouch but too fat for me since I only need to carry one battery. My back will protest if I take more!

My one is the Medic Pouch from Spec Ops. Fits one battery perfect with room for cable to come out.

I like the red strap too! Matches battery hehe.

jake-cutter

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Hellfighter, unfortunately it does not come with any cables. Does anyone have any pics showing how the BB2590 batteries are connected to the Surefire cables? Also anybody have a source for the Bren tronics 8444 charger as the supply seems to have dried up?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire cable has two connectors that attach to the BB2590/U batteries. You can connect to a single or two batteries at the same time to give over 6 hours of run time.

The later model of the cables UH-1D cable doesn't have the clear tygon tubing cover, so it weighs less and is much more compact. eBay is your friend as there are a couple of sellers that are blowing them out for under $30 delivered. Cables that have the pistol grip connection mounted to the side are the older version. New version the connection is on the rear of the grip.

As far as the PP8444 charger, I have a spare that I might be willing to sell. PM me if interested and what you are willing to pay.

Last edited:

jake-cutter

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for posting the pics, it made everything clear. Do you think the PP8498 charger/reconditioner is worth the extra expense given most batteries on ebay are used and might need to the extra feature the charger provides?

jake-cutter

Newly Enlightened
Well after two weeks everything finally came in. I got the light, cables, batteries (charging now), Bren Tronics charger, carrying case for batteries, and a cable to use a cigarette lighter. A big thank you to NoNotAgain for leading me in the right direction. Below is the setup so far and hopefully tonight once it dark and the batteries are fully charged I will get to light up the sky.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on your new night to day lighting tool.
Try not to giggle the first time you hit the switch on the light and pistol grip and see first hand the light put out by the Hellfighter.

ODCaveman

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up one of these lights pretty much brand new... Mainly just to see its awesomeness in person knowing I could always sell it again and come out even.

Well after seeing this thing in person and seeing what it will do to the darkness via a 12v convenience receptacle I am looking for options to make it portable. I have read through the whole thread and seen some ideas but I want something a little more multi use than a custom battery pack and something less expensive that BB-2590's

Has anyone tried using this light with one of those battery packs for jumpstarting a car? I know those things are going to be junk compared to genuine 2590's but also significantly less cost. Just wanting to hear any opinions on going that route. It seems the sherpa 50 had mixed results. I am keeping my eye out on auction sites for used military batteries coming up but then obviously I will need a charger too.. And custom make a cable & enclosure solution. Looking to not spend an additional 3 or 400 dollars on a flashlight battery :thumbsup:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can purchase the non rechargable batteries for around $10 each via the bay.
For cables, original Surefire cables for $20. Even if you only use the connectors they're a steal.

You can find the PP8444 chargers for under $100. This charger only works if the BB 2590 is charged when you purchase.

The smaller Sherpa 50 batteries as you stated hit or miss. The larger Sherpa will work, but for the price, not for me.

There's three version of the 2590 battery. 6.8 amp hr, 7.5 and a 8.5 or 9 amp hr battery. The Surefire cases sold hold two batteries side by side.

ODCaveman

Newly Enlightened
You can purchase the non rechargable batteries for around $10 each via the bay.
For cables, original Surefire cables for $20. Even if you only use the connectors they're a steal.

You can find the PP8444 chargers for under $100. This charger only works if the BB 2590 is charged when you purchase.

The smaller Sherpa 50 batteries as you stated hit or miss. The larger Sherpa will work, but for the price, not for me.

There's three version of the 2590 battery. 6.8 amp hr, 7.5 and a 8.5 or 9 amp hr battery. The Surefire cases sold hold two batteries side by side.

Thanks for the info, The light I bought came with the hard case, the original tygon cable setup with 12v cigarette adapter as well as the infared filter and gun mount for a .50 cal. I did purchase one of the cable sets off that auction site to use for spare parts. As you say the price is a steal even to cut it up and use it for something else. Heck even the pistol grip switch is cool for the price.

There are some 2590 batteries on there right now, I emailed the seller and they were manufactured in 2008. Seems a little steep to me for 9 year old batteries of an unknown quantity but if they are any good its more reasonable than new! It looks like the 8498 charger is the one I would really want to get if I went that route with the military batteries.