Surefire - it is a sickness

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do, get the silver one. I did. I prefer black but LAPOLICEGEAR has the E1B on sale. comes with 50 free CR123 batteries. They are USA made. one friend got the E1B from them and he got BatteryStation batteries. I got Rayovacs.

Mine came with Ray-O-Vacs. As I understand it, the Battery Station and Ray-O-Vacs are made in the same factory (as are all U.S.-made 123's), so there's really no difference. The 50 free batteries made me pull the trigger. I already have a black E1B, but this silver one looks really nice, and has a slightly whiter tint.

Two years ago I had no Surefires. Now I have nine. Not quite a sickness, but definitely an addiction!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know a cure : Come to live to Europe!

Without applying any tricks (shipping them to an address in the US and having them privately shipped to Europe from there), we have to buy Surefires in Europe, and their conversion $ to € is a quite special one...

That's the main reason I have "only" 2 Surefires (and one for my wife). In US, I would have pulled more triggers on Surefires by now! :sigh:

:thumbsup:

Another cure: come live in Brasil !!

Here our "authorized dealer" ask 250 dollars for a single E1B Backup! :ohgeez:

dagored

Enlightened
Began reading this thread two days ago. Did not own one Surefire. They seemed expensive for the average output(lumens). An E1B should arrive tomorrow. I have got to see what all this raving is about.

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
Amazing collection DeFabricata! I'm definitely seriously falling for the LX2, run4jc - great photos on your unboxing thread. Wonder what Milky could make of one? Several hundred lumens OTF, plus some nice run-time using the lower level, no doubt.

My total collection is only tiny - self control comes from a wife who's studying, a modest salary, and a sometimes useful ability to procrastinate when it come to buying things!!

I have however recently been re-infected by Surefire - mainly as a result of becoming interested in p60/D26 style drop-ins. I'm sure it's not going to be good for my financial health!

Bored C2 body on the way. Nailbender P7 on the way. Modoo 3xXPG maybe when he starts making them. FiveMega 1C Li-ion body possibly. Possible heads, tailcaps, other drop-ins on the way. All in addition to a Ti tactical Quark AA on pre-order and the E1L I've ordered to replace my wife's E1E...

I'm sliding down the slippery slope as never before!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Began reading this thread two days ago. Did not own one Surefire. They seemed expensive for the average output(lumens). An E1B should arrive tomorrow. I have got to see what all this raving is about.
You will not believe the E1B. It is quickly becoming my favorite light. Forget the lumens rating...this thing is bright and it throws. 50 feet and closer I can't imagine needing anything stronger. But I love my LX2...

:twothumbs

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do, get the silver one. I did. I prefer black but LAPOLICEGEAR has the E1B on sale. comes with 50 free CR123 batteries. They are USA made. one friend got the E1B from them and he got BatteryStation batteries. I got Rayovacs.

Oh, no! Why did you share this link!?! I made the mistake of going there, and they are having a clearance on the T1A!! Oh, no!

:broke:

I gotta have one!!

(and they have pretty knives, too. Another source - help me!!)

:twothumbs

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to the shooting range / gun store yesterday, and picked up a G2 (black), due to being so pleased with my first SureFire, a 6P. (also bought a Marlin .22mag bolt-action rifle, but that's another story :whistle: )

The 6P is gonna stay incan for recreational use. The G2, I popped in a Solarforce R2 module with a 17670 to use as my work/knockaround light. Measured apx 0.90A at the tail, so this should give at least an hour of good output (and my little L0D with extra AAA will cover any need for longer runtime).

To make things "worse", after reading about the E1B backup, I noticed that the gun store also carried that model as well... Hmmm, that light looks pretty sexy, and the cost isn't TOO outrageous.... maybe after my credit card has a chance to cool off a bit, I'll go back and get my THIRD SureFire! :thumbsup:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I started this thread I've had major moments of weakness. Due to arrive today is a 6P - the Malkoff M60F drop in for it arrived earlier today. Also ordered (due to a good discount for extending my membership) NRA logo'd versions of the E2DL Led Defender and the NRA version of the C2 Combat light (HA). Planning on a drop in from Nailbender for the C2...maybe a P7 or MC-E.

Isn't it just amazing the way a collection can grow to over $1k in no time?
And I work for a living!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Since I started this thread I've had major moments of weakness. Due to arrive today is a 6P - the Malkoff M60F drop in for it arrived earlier today. Also ordered (due to a good discount for extending my membership) NRA logo'd versions of the E2DL Led Defender and the NRA version of the C2 Combat light (HA). Planning on a drop in from Nailbender for the C2...maybe a P7 or MC-E.

Isn't it just amazing the way a collection can grow to over $1k in no time?
And I work for a living!

Next step = Milky modded Surefires.

I got my first from donn just last week, and then ordered another one from Milky himself just yesterday. Soon a RoomSweeper will be joining my Snake Eyes.

My wallet ran away. I think it's hiding in the corner somewhere, crying. :(

Illum

Flashaholic
its been 3 years since I first got here, gave way a G2 here, 6P [6PL] there, square A2 a couple days later along with E1Ls...now I've consolidated my lights and these are for keeps ;)

three A2s

• Square HA-WH A31798
  • Round HA-WH A67643
  • Square BK-WH A14918
2007 version E2Ls

• {Short Clip: L4 body A327420 + KX2-HA-WH A04818}
  • {Short Clip: L4 body A238425 + KX2-HA-WH A12553}
  • {Short Clip: E2L body A303959 + KX2-HA-WH A12659}
"L4-MCE"

• {Short Clip: E2D body A53868 + KL4-BK-WH A72728 + CW MCE}
  • {Long Clip: L4 Body A97605 + KL4-HA-WH A06772 + 5A MCE}
Others

• E2e-BK A111533
  • Surefire M6 Magnumlight A004110
  • "TW4" {E1e body A199983 + KL4-HA-WH A21668} [Carrot has E1e A199984 I think]
  • Two G2-BKs serving standby duty

Its not a sickness, it can be controlled. I stopped buying surefires since the days when PK came out with his icon, his newer designs [except the haircut] no longer interests me that much:tired:
I might buy older surefires though...I've been eyeing an M3T for awhile now:nana:

I love the blank stares whenever I'm in the outdoors and open the MCE around camp where there's alot of people, of fun of course. 40 minutes of light isn't particularly useful for anything except an occasional inspection. its the E2L that really kicks *** outdoors. instead of packing spare batteries I found it easier to carry spare E2Ls

Last edited:

xith

Newly Enlightened
I DO know that if the feces hits the fan I'll have plenty of lights and knifes, (and a ton of other stuff!) for me and my family. If it doesn't, it will be an interesting garage sale when I'm dead and gone.

I actually LOL'd for this.. My coworkers shot me a strange look, but considering my hobbies, that's quite common.. =)

-Xith

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I wonder if, given the state of things in the world, acquiring these lights is simply a primal instinct to be ready is kicking in....

Or maybe we are just fascinated by the uber cool lights!!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I wonder if, given the state of things in the world, acquiring these lights is simply a primal instinct to be ready is kicking in....

Or maybe we are just fascinated by the uber cool lights!!

I've thought of this too...same with urges to "stockpile stuff"...not insane qty's (like our lights), but useable qty.'s. Or maybe we (the CPF community in general...being liked minded indivduals) have a more prevelant primal instinct (gene based/watever), and these instincts (even though they may go largely unnoticed)/will to survive, are just more common in us. Look at all of our professions? Military/SAR/LEO/Adventurers...I can also tell that individuals in the CPF Community tend to be smarter than your average joe...at least the joes I work with.

I think this also plays into some of our decisions in buying a "quality light" over just a light...such as my desire to buy SF's over other brands and stockpile CR123's??? Just some more food for thought. This thread just keeps getting better!:popcorn:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really need to lay my hands on surefires someday.

All I've experienced is a single mode E1L

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this also plays into some of our decisions in buying a "quality light" over just a light...such as my desire to buy SF's over other brands and stockpile CR123's??? Just some more food for thought. This thread just keeps getting better!:popcorn:

I agree. I agree. And it never stops...here's the collection of Surefires SO FAR E1B, LX2 and 6P with Malkoff M60Flood:
IMG_2240_2.jpg

Here's the BRAND NEW 6P and the Malkoff Drop in

IMG_2238-1.jpg

I took all three out for a dog walk this morning. I'm amazed at the flood of the 6P/M60 - for keeping your immediate area lighted, it is great. The LX2 continues to amaze me with the quality of the beam and the throw. But the one that I can't get over is the little E1B. What an amazing light! If I were forced to pick one to carry all the time, it would be the LX2, but the E1B would be right behind it!

Later this week I'll receive my E2DL and my C2 Combat - both NRA versions. I hope to put one of Dave's SST-50 dropins in the C2 to give me a monster spot thrower.

Whew - I gotta cut this out for a while.

:ohgeez:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire - it is a sickness - new toys!

Oh what a happy day. I arrived at the office VERY early this morning to find two packages - one from Lighthound with 3 AW LiFePO3 3 volt, 3 AWRCR123 batteries, and an Ultrafire 3.6/3.0 volt RCR lithium battery charger. Want to use the RCRs in a 6P/M60 combo, and a yet to arrive Novatac 120E (should arrive today - it's like Christmas around here. My wallet is totally flat. :eek:)
LiFePO4s will be TRIED in an E1B and a Surefire to be named later...

But the real fun was the fact that the box from the NRA Store came! I had a chance to get a 30% discount on an order and I made the most of it...

Here's the box - just opened - notice, it isn't all lights...sorry for some of the blurry photos - I'm at my office using my point and shoot camera...
IMG_2244.jpg

First up, an NRA versioned C2 Centurion in HAIII - I'm waiting on an SST-50 Drop in from Dave (nailbender)...forgive my enthusiasm - multiple photos, and check out the serial number - seems kind of low to me!

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

Then there's the E2DL Led Defender - I have a feeling this is going to quickly become one of my favorite lights. I love the size, light pattern and feel in my hand.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

Can't forget the 6P/M60F - but it is at home in the kitchen drawer - strategic spot for power failures and dog walks..
IMG_2238-1.jpg

Then my newest toy - I sure hope this doesn't become a hobby, too, 'cause it could get much more expensive very quickly. Relatively inexpensive, but still a nice blade - a Benchmade S30V Griptillian with the NRA logo laser etched...

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

NRA Logo

IMG_2264.jpg

Today's haul - couldn't resist with a total discount of almost $120 on the order...

IMG_2265.jpg

And finally - 'the boys' - minus their brother 6P - at home keeping watch...

IMG_2268.jpg

Appreciating these fine tools reminds me of who they are really made for - Military, law enforcement, hunters, outdoors enthusiasts of all types, people who work with their hands and need a reliable tool to light their way.

I'll take this moment to thank all of you in uniform who serve this nation - whether in the uniform of our armed services, or LEOs protecting our streets from those who would break laws or otherwise do harm. Every time I light up one of these fine instruments I am again reminded of your service. Thank you and God Bless You!

So now what do I do? LET MY WALLET RECOVER! But I know I'll soon hear the siren song of the next Surefire, calling to me, ever so gently...

:laughing:
IMG_2246.jpg