Surefire - it is a sickness

todo

Newly Enlightened
YOU ARE DOOMED!!:eek:

I started out with an L5

Not too long after this is what happened...:ohgeez:

013-23.jpg

016-10.jpg

WoOW...quite a collection there...No Fenix lights at all??

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire - it is a sickness - new toys!

Oh what a happy day. I arrived at the office VERY early this morning to find two packages - one from Lighthound with 3 AW LiFePO3 3 volt, 3 AWRCR123 batteries, and an Ultrafire 3.6/3.0 volt RCR lithium battery charger. Want to use the RCRs in a 6P/M60 combo, and a yet to arrive Novatac 120E (should arrive today - it's like Christmas around here. My wallet is totally flat. :eek:)
LiFePO4s will be TRIED in an E1B and a Surefire to be named later...

But the real fun was the fact that the box from the NRA Store came! I had a chance to get a 30% discount on an order and I made the most of it...

Here's the box - just opened - notice, it isn't all lights...sorry for some of the blurry photos - I'm at my office using my point and shoot camera...

First up, an NRA versioned C2 Centurion in HAIII - I'm waiting on an SST-50 Drop in from Dave (nailbender)...forgive my enthusiasm - multiple photos, and check out the serial number - seems kind of low to me!

IMG_2255.jpg

Then there's the E2DL Led Defender - I have a feeling this is going to quickly become one of my favorite lights. I love the size, light pattern and feel in my hand.

Can't forget the 6P/M60F - but it is at home in the kitchen drawer - strategic spot for power failures and dog walks..

Then my newest toy - I sure hope this doesn't become a hobby, too, 'cause it could get much more expensive very quickly. Relatively inexpensive, but still a nice blade - a Benchmade S30V Griptillian with the NRA logo laser etched...

NRA Logo

Today's haul - couldn't resist with a total discount of almost $120 on the order...

And finally - 'the boys' - minus their brother 6P - at home keeping watch...

Appreciating these fine tools reminds me of who they are really made for - Military, law enforcement, hunters, outdoors enthusiasts of all types, people who work with their hands and need a reliable tool to light their way.

I'll take this moment to thank all of you in uniform who serve this nation - whether in the uniform of our armed services, or LEOs protecting our streets from those who would break laws or otherwise do harm. Every time I light up one of these fine instruments I am again reminded of your service. Thank you and God Bless You!

So now what do I do? LET MY WALLET RECOVER! But I know I'll soon hear the siren song of the next Surefire, calling to me, ever so gently...

:laughing:
IMG_2246.jpg

Nice run4jc! Nice pic's! The low serial number on the "best" (IMHO) SF outhere is awesome...I guess they got some of the first batches, and this one just kept getting put on the bottom. You can also tell it's old by the "gold" anodizing as opposed to the later greens and greys. Oh, and "Yer Welcome", BTW.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took all the 'boys' out this morning, except for the E1B. My Novatac EDC120E (I know, I am seriously diseased!) came yesterday, too. It is impressive!

I really like the C2, but it is just outclassed since it still has its original incan bulb. I like the warm light, and if you'd never seen the others, you'd be thrilled with it. And I LOVE the design - I can see how easy it would be to hold this one when 'taking care of business.' That said, there's an SST-50 dropin from Nailbender on the way! We'll see, then, if it doesn't jump to the top of the list!

Again, the 120E is amazing for its size - great UI, too. I think the E2DL is perhaps the 'coolest'...but the best all around award in mind (for now) still goes to the LX2.

IMHO, of course!

:thumbsup:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! A00082 is a seriously important serial #!

HMM...you are making me think that perhaps I should exercise a bit more care with this one? Perhaps keep it in a safe drawer? I'm still 'unenlightened' about some aspects of this hobby, but even to me "A00082" seemed low....

Perhaps I'll put the Malkoff M60F in this one and leave it at home for emergencies....

:thinking:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing

No words necessary....

Wrong forum, I know - hope it's okay. Just wanted to share. Moderator, please delete if inappropriate - just wanted to show off the last expenditure for a LONG time!

IMG_0674.jpg

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a rather out-of-date photo of the collection:

sfcollectionle3.jpg

It has...grown...since then...

Regards,
Tempest

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
you British surefire maniacs:eek:
what light is that beside the purple A2...is that a 9AN?

Close, 8AX ;)

A lot more has been added since then. I can't be sure exactly what's missing from the picture, but three more M6s spring to mind.

Regards,
Tempest

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the start of November, I had only a Mag 2D and some cheapies.
Now, have my first SF (E1B) in my pocket and am looking at the Titan:naughty:
Also managed to pick up a SPY007, but that Titan keeps calling me.:sigh:
Store is only 2 miles away and open for another 2.5 hours tonight.:twothumbs

Lightsman

Newly Enlightened
but that Titan keeps calling me.:sigh:
SF Titan or Titan T1A?

I have both :) but the SF Ttian is more perfect for the pocet. I currently carring my titan in my pocket. I love this light, even if it is "old" (2007) :)

I guess you should go to the car and drive to the shop. It is never good if a flashlight is calling you :crackup: