Surefire KT1-P7 Mod.....Beamshots added

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work again Tim! :clap: :twothumbs
How much did you have to enlarge the hole in the reflector?

alantch

Enlightened
From the looks of it, I think there was no enlargement of the reflector hole; The pedestal is lowered into the reflector hole until the base of the heatsink sits on the reflector. But I may be wrong. Perhaps DaFab can clarify more on this.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The window is removed and the P7/Heatsink installed from the front.
The opening did not need to be enlarged.
It took some time to get proper focus and to make the heatsink mate properly to help transfer heat.
It does do its job. When using the KT1-P7, it gets warm after constant on for a while.
I am still very happy with this mod and the beam from the P7 is tight!

collector

Newly Enlightened
What's the real difference between KT1 and KT2 ? Do they both fit Surefire C-bodies ?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the real difference between KT1 and KT2 ? Do they both fit Surefire C-bodies ?

collector, did you ever find that part I asked you about?:poke:

Yes, they both fit C-series and are the exact same head....they just come with different bulbs.
KT1 comes with 6 volt bulb
KT2 comes with 9 volt bulb.

Last edited:

bk737

Newly Enlightened
What is the distance in those beamshots? Approx. runtime on 18650? KT-1/2 bezel rings available in black? searched but could not find em.Any other options besides direct drive? Got your pm Tim, thanks.
Brian

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the distance in those beamshots? Approx. runtime on 18650? KT-1/2 bezel rings available in black? searched but could not find em.Any other options besides direct drive? Got your pm Tim, thanks.
Brian

What beamshot are you refering to?
Please look at the beamshots posted by ME...the other ones have nothing to do with my light.

I haven't done a runtime test yet.

I used a crenalated bezel from a KT4 head on my KT1.
RPM makes titanium ones for the KT4 that will fit the KT1/2

As for other options besides direct drive....there is no room for a driver so DD is the only option.

bk737

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for not being specific, but i was asking about the distance of the beamshots in post 1. Also is the mod reversible? (Could you use turbo head lamps again if mod was removed?) Thank you for sharing your knowledge and awesome mods here on CPF!:D
Brian

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want one too...Pm sent.

A P7 with direct drive on a fully charged aw18650 will pull 2.8amps.
The Malkoff P7 (P60), ran for 1:40 minutes on me before I noticed the output drop. It too was direct drive. Gene said all direct drive P7's have reverse polarity protection. "Nature of the Beast" :twothumbs

A P7 that is focusable..speechless.lovecpf

Last edited: