Surefire L1 digital lumamax

bubbatime

Newly Enlightened
Here is my 6th (and final?) generation L1 (flat glass, no dome) next to my well used four flats L2. Surefire was OUT OF THEIR MIND to discontinue the L1 and not upgrade it, to discard it to the dust bin of history. And just last week, I emailed Surefire to ask if they still had tailcaps for the L2, and they are sending me one. So kudos to them for still having parts to this dinosaur. (The L2 tailcap is worn smooth, and no longer stays on high when you screw it down tight all the way. Hopefully a new tailcap will fix that)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Here is my 6th (and final?) generation L1 (flat glass, no dome) next to my well used four flats L2. Surefire was OUT OF THEIR MIND to discontinue the L1 and not upgrade it, to discard it to the dust bin of history. And just last week, I emailed Surefire to ask if they still had tailcaps for the L2, and they are sending me one. So kudos to them for still having parts to this dinosaur. (The L2 tailcap is worn smooth, and no longer stays on high when you screw it down tight all the way. Hopefully a new tailcap will fix that)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've found that issue is usually due to one or more of the small silver tabs in the tailcap breaking off over time.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened

image.jpg

image.jpg
If you have worn out the cap, then how often and how much do you use the L2?

Also, take a close look at the pic under my name.

BigD64

Enlightened
OMG Kes don't open that can of worms, I remember the huge comment explosion when I posted pics of the Prototype Surefire M6L and mentioned "Surefire Lumens"