Surefire L6 - is it worth it?

NikolaTesla

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tristar Phazer has more close up juice than the L6 but is bigger. The L6 is really good holding light with pistol.
It has nice controled beam- a bit more defined at distance.

http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/MyNewLights Size comparison- Click photo for bigger image.

I REALLY like both the TSP and L6- Hard to say which is "Better". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

All My Lights

Some Lights

M

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Hi Topper. I got my L6! Wow, what an amazing light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

The first thing I noticed when I unpacked it was the fact that it's obviously extremely well made, and a really beautiful design. It just screams "quality." I like it!

I haven't had a chance to take it out into the field to really try it out, but I did walk about 1.5 miles around my neighborhood this evening. I understand why people rave about surefire's beam quality - it is really fantastic! The spill from the light is quite useful, and the thing has good throw. It's just crazy bright too.

I think this is likely to be my preferred walking around at night light. I believe it's got enough throw for my purposes, and the spill on this light is a lot better than on my Inova XO3. It's a little long, so I'll have to get a holster for it, but I never imagined I'd carry it around in my pocket on a daily basis anyway. It'll be no problem carrying it around at night. I think I'll probably get the <font color="red"> red filter </font> for it, too.

I suspect it's pretty easy to get spoiled by surefire's quality! This is clearly an outstanding piece of equipment - I'm very impressed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

BTW, I know lots of people have reported problems with them, but Botach shipped this to me the day I placed the order. I payed for 2nd day air, and I got it two business days after placing the order (today). It was a good deal, too.

T

Topper

Flashaholic*
Good deal! I am glad you like it. I worry bout stuff like that. Thanks for letting us all know you got it and that you like it.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif