SureFire lanyard question

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've been on these boards, and I hoe all is well with everyone.

I have a question on the SureFire lanyards. I am wondering if anyone might have insight if the design has remained the same on them in the past 5 years or so. I ask as when I looked at a picture of the Z33 model online I could not tell if there is still that small split keyring that connects the cord itself to the latch.

I hope that my question and description made sense. Your insight is much appreciated. Should there be any questions please do ask.

Thanks in advance,
John

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at 3 lanyards I have. One I know is from an M4 and the other two are from an LX2 and a new M6. They are all the same unless I'm even missing something.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Search,

As long as it uses that small ring to bridge the connection between cord and clasp, that is perfect. Thanks for your insight!

Best,
John

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a follow up question on SureFire lanyards, specifically the Z33 model. Can anyone confirm what color cord they are currently offering? I’ve called their customer service and heard answers varying from black, dark grey to light grey. As such I was hoping to see if anyone here might have first-hand insight.

Best,
John

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll look when I get home. I usually throw mine in the drawer without paying them any attention. But I'm pretty sure they are dark grey.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
They still make 'em the same. $13 for a ring? That pokes out?
No thanks.

I just did up my G2x Pro with a 99¢ lanyard.

^^ took about 5 minutes.

I took the tail cap off, then drilled a small hole verically to about 1/8" deep. Then at same location horizontally. Holes meet.
Then upsized to an 1/8" bit and widened the hole.
Inserted the string part of the lanyard, twisted it some and a loop showed up. Twisting helps it get around the corner. I placed a tooth pick into the loop and tugged the string until it was coming out of the other hole. Fastened the lanyard like ya always do.

^^ hole in top

^^ hole in the side.

Last edited:

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Search,

I’ll be interested in your feedback on the color when your schedule allows.

-----

Hi bykfixer,

Although that is not exactly what I am looking for I wish I was as mechanical as you, as that lanyard job looks top rate!

-----

BTW, I did end up finding one extra Surefire charcoal lanyard in a drawer, so I might postpone placing an order for more.

Best,
John

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Thanks for the compliment.

It was more necessity than ability.
Kept dropping my Coast HP7 edc, which still works btw. But if it breaks, eh, it's a Coast.

Didn't wanna drop my fancy new Sure Fire.