Surefire Law Enforcement Bulk Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyfuzz

Newly Enlightened
I am researching the purchase of about 100 lights for my department and wonder if anyone has any tips for interacting with Surefire on bulk purchases. I'm looking at the Lawman R2, but the suggested retail price makes purchasing large quantities price prohibitive. Any experiences, good or bad with this model would also be welcomed.

Thanks!

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire visits the forum from time to time, so this post may not remain confidential.

That said, my understanding is that Surefire does make bulk sales at reduced prices to law enforcement agencies - I can't swear to it, and I'm not a purchaser for a LEO organization. Your best bet is to call the Surefire sales department and ask outright.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
While I have no personal experience with Surefire bulk sales, my suggestion in seeking a volume discount from any company is to present them with some hard numbers about the number of lights that will be purchased now as well as the likely future purchase volume. The more volume you can reasonably assure them will be purchased, the more negotiating power you have for getting a volume discount. Thus, you can try for a discount not just on the 100 lights you are buying now, but also on the 1-3 you buy within the next year for new hires.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may also want to ask if they have dealer you may purchase in bulk. Some dealers buy enough where they get an extra break in prices.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire does give a discount to active duty military and LEOs who purchase from them; it seems very reasonable they would at least be interested in exploring a discount for a bulk order to a LEO organization.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

How much is the MSRP for the R2 Lawman?

Like mentioned before SureFire does offer LEO/Military discounts but they have to be careful about undercutting their re-sellers, particularly on bulk orders. You should check around and solicit bids from some of the larger wholesalers/retailers of SureFire products.

historyfuzz

Newly Enlightened
It's obvious that some of you have purchased light for an LE agency. Your point about projecting future hires is right on point, so thanks for the great tips. To answer Mr. 880arm, the MSRP is $455. It's a very nice light from though. Unfortunately, until I get a bulk quote, I won't know if this light is a feasible choice. The MSRP would put this a bit out of reach for our budget. Let's hope it works out. Thanks to all for the tips.

MBentz

Enlightened
It's obvious that some of you have purchased light for an LE agency. Your point about projecting future hires is right on point, so thanks for the great tips. To answer Mr. 880arm, the MSRP is $455. It's a very nice light from though. Unfortunately, until I get a bulk quote, I won't know if this light is a feasible choice. The MSRP would put this a bit out of reach for our budget. Let's hope it works out. Thanks to all for the tips.

The R1 can be had under $300. If $455 is close, I'm positive SureFire will accommodate your bulk purchase.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact the manufacturer direct and ask for direct sales and also contact any known wholesalers which in many cases are cheaper than the maker direct.

Excuse the pun but stop been a ***** and asking a bunch of light anoraks but approach the maker as you have a healthy order and remember to negotiate payment terms like 2% off total invoice for quick payment and ask for extended warranty and free loan lights whilst your duty lights are being repaired.Never assume anything with warranty like lifetime etc as for professional use other rules may apply.

One last point they may accommodate special holders for your own needs just ask ask ask.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Closing this thread. The OP, as a purchasing agent, would know the means to contact SF sales people.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts