Surefire M2 Centurion Millennium Series Malkoff Upgrade

J

jonc2

Newly Enlightened
What do I need to order to upgrade this light to a Malkoff LED, something in neutral and some runtime? Tried to sell it on another forum, no one wants it. I may just keep it, I've had it a long time and it's in fine shape. Thanks.

Is this even worth doing?

IMG 3173

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
“Is this even worth doing?”

absolutely All you need is to order a M61N or regular M61 and your good to go. roughly 400 lumens for 1 1/2 hours. Or go to the L OR LL version for less out but really long runtimes. You can run it off of 2 X123 2X16340 or a 16650. And you will have a light you ain’t going to break. You may need the spacer ring he sells if your having a contact issue. There like a buck.

S

scalpel_ninja

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I have a Malkoff M61 I can sell you. I’m sending you a PM.

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
That’s a really cool light. Be a shame to waste the engineering behind the shock isolation head and put an led in there. But I’m sure an m61 will serve you well. I’m really surprised no one wanted to buy it. I’m pretty sure those are quite sought after

J

jonc2

Newly Enlightened
I would like to thank everyone for the replies but the light has been sold. My EDC light is a Malkoff MDC HA 1AA which is plenty bright for my purposes these days. I've left the CR123 world. I really really wish for a Malkoff 1 X AAA....I would jump right on a couple of them.

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
A 1XAAA for the size or just to be able to run AAA’s?

J

jonc2

Newly Enlightened
A 1XAAA for the size or just to be able to run AAA’s?
Just a Made In USA Malkoff 1 x AAA as small as he can get it *but* still be a solid sturdy light. Doesn't have to be the absolutely lightest and smallest in it's class but close to it. I think that would be neat. A small AAA tank!

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Well you can run a AAA in malkoff mdc AA 😁

Buck91

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a Made In USA Malkoff 1 x AAA as small as he can get it *but* still be a solid sturdy light. Doesn't have to be the absolutely lightest and smallest in it's class but close to it. I think that would be neat. A small AAA tank!

Same here. I guess we do have Peak but they just don't do it for me. Plus the QTC in a AAA is... finicky.

NutSAK

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here. I guess we do have Peak but they just don't do it for me. Plus the QTC in a AAA is... finicky.
You don't have to do QTC. I just ordered a straight #4 power Peak Eiger Nichia last week.

All I carry/use nowadays is Peak and Malkoff. Peak for AAA that I can clip to the bill of a cap for a headlamp, and Malkoff for everything else.