Surefire newer bodies and malkoff?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if the tactition, edcl1/2t etc fits any of the malkoff mdc/etc heads? Read a comment on the malkoff site that someone fitted a mdc head to an e2d but he didn't say what specific model/year. Anyone done this? If so did you keep the modes from the switch?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Malkoff VME head will thread onto the 2t, yes.

The issue is at the other end where the twisty 2 stage tailcap may not light your engine until pully pressed. As in half press for low like with the 2t head on it may not result in a low with another module.

I have a SureFire AZ2 (2 setting) head on my 2t and it only activates high mode. Led me to think there's a specific comunication between the 2t head and tail switch.

I traded the tailcap with an E1b so the 2t is a clicky and E1b as gas pedal light.

Last edited:

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, I swapped my tactition and the 1t head on eachother bodies and only had a low mode with the 1t and tactition head and a single high with the tactition body and 1t head. I may order the vme head for the 1t and find a clicky switch for it as I don't care for the tint and spot/spill from it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not sure the model number but the clicky from those E1b lights work on the 1/2t bodies. Threads are same, but there's a difference in the length between the 1/2t lights and the "normal" E series so the normal E clickys do not thread far enough onto the 1/2t or E1b to activate the light.

Last edited: