Surefire P60L performance, disappointing?

TexLite

Enlightened
Ah ha. Where is the rivet? I don't recall seeing one. I think I'll live with it for now, until the V2 bin seoul comes out at least, if I do try to upgrade it I can always re-rivet it.

Hold the drop-in reflector down.Then look down through the notches at the spring base.

Once the rivets have been cut,you have to button it back up another way,which would probably work fine for everyday use,but I wouldnt stake my life on it.

Check ambientmind's thread here:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202548

270winchester,your sigline is reason enough to make a person want to own another type of "flash-light".

-Michael

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, I've searched "P60L emitter swap" with google and cpf search, that thread never came up. Looks like way more trouble than it's worth thou.

Last edited:

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 2 P60L modules from b/s/t for use in some Maxfires that I have and I'm stoked. Malkoffs don't fit, and I have no faith in some full throttle DX dropin. Surefire felt the need to put a throttle on the P60L, most think because of the G2, hence it's my choice for a Maxfire.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one who has decent P60L's? Mine are both greenish blue and are the best LED tints I have. Not the best runtime, not the brightest, and they don't work the best outdoors (my p60 incans are for that), but I am very fond of them.

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
P60L are decent but the advances in leds have progressed in the last TWO years.So most have or are upgrading to newer offerings like the Malkoff dropins.

cfromc

Enlightened
The P60L is OK. My best one shifts tint from neutral to blue/purple as the batteries run down. The run-time is nowhere near what I expected. The thing I like about the P60L is that it fits in the spares carrier, which is now the only place I have P60Ls since I have Malkoffs in the lights.

msap

Newly Enlightened
I keep em around for backups. I still run a P60, in my weapon light for my rifle, so I keep a couple P60's and P60L's around for back ups. They aren't the brightest there is but they get the job done and are reliable. As far as indoor CQB you don't need much brighter than the P60L.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I got a 6PL on the way so I've been looking around for info about it. From what I see the performance is quite disappointing compare with other lights.

I'm not talking about the manufactures that ride the edge of new emitter here, but Inova T1. It use K2 TFFC which supposely is inefficient compared with cree/seoul, but it manage 100 lumens for over 4 hours before dropping out of regulation. P60L with seoul, which has less output, can only do less than 3 hours. Now before you guys are all over how SF under rate their lumens, see here for beamshot comparisons, here for T1 runtime and here for P60L runtime. I'm not liking the looks of this. So did I miss something here, or do P60L just use a crappy bin from seoul?

Now the question, have any of you disassembled the SF P60L and upgraded the emitter? Seems it could be the much needed shot in the arm P60L needs.

The P60 is a good upgrade for the P60L.