Surefire Sidekick... anyone with real use experience with this light?

tango44

Enlightened
Mine are great general use lights, been using mines since 2019 and no problems at all, I added a pieco of velcro and rides attached to my dashboard on both cars...

jmclfrsh

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I read this thread again.

For one, I stand behind my earlier statement on the Sidekick, it still is a great little light.

Secondly, I would not have not known about the Surefire Stiletto had I not read this earlier in the week.

My Stiletto Pro arrived a couple of days ago, the 1000 lumen all-aluminum-bodied version, and I really like it!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not getting anywhere near the 3300 lumens capt jeff referred to in the original post. My nitecores turn on in my pocket. My astrolux turns on just hanging off the keychain. I've had my rovyvon turn on once on the keychain. Surefire…0 times

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
I'm not getting anywhere near the 3300 lumens capt jeff referred to in the original post. My nitecores turn on in my pocket. My astrolux turns on just hanging off the keychain. I've had my rovyvon turn on once on the keychain. Surefire…0 times

Guessing the OP was a typo....They're only 300 lumens.

DBee

Newly Enlightened
A bit late to the party but here's my thoughts: I have had my Sidekick for about 6 months, carried it every day in a small belt pouch and used it every evening with no problems at all. I reckon I have charged it only 3 times so far - it seems to hold charge really well (at the moment anyway) On the highest setting it does get warm but as I only tend to use it on high for short bursts then this isn't a problem. I use the middle/medium level most but low is enough to navigate around the house when it's very dark. The beam is wide and very clean. Overall, a good purchase and I am pleased with it.

sgt253

Enlightened
I was just singing the Sidekick's praises, when my wife dropped hers from waist high onto my front (wood) porch. It grenaded into four (4) pieces! I guess I will have to find a replacement, ugh...

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just singing the Sidekick's praises, when my wife dropped hers from waist high onto my front (wood) porch. It grenaded into four (4) pieces! I guess I will have to find a replacement, ugh...

So much for that FL-1 impact rating I guess.

The very good news is that you didn't learn this at a time when your life depended on it. Very good indeed.

paulr

Flashaholic
Looks like that battery is bulged out and due for replacement.