Surefire Titan T1A Pics & Info

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, at that price I might get another one. Are the ones from Botach the 90 lumen version?

they are, at least mine was though. it even had the latest version of Surefire branded CR123a cells (the redesigned one with with the red and black color theme)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are $99.00 at Botach Tactical,why pay more?

Thanks AVS, yeah that could be good too. Just be aware of their reseller rating & yelp scores (1.3 & 1.5 out of 5), ripoffreport/pissedconsumer history etc. Hopefully they've since improved in that respect, but either way it's more a discussion for the cpfm at this point.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks AVS, yeah that could be good too. Just be aware of their reseller rating & yelp scores (1.3 & 1.5 out of 5), ripoffreport/pissedconsumer history etc. Hopefully they've since improved in that respect, but either way it's more a discussion for the cpfm at this point.

Huh.
I have ordered a few times from them without problems and I think I am glad that I didn't know about the ratings,ignorance is bliss here!
So Far!

I got the Titans I ordered in 2 days during the Christmas rush and there are a few things I still have not received that I ordered before them too.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a diffuser cap from a clear film canister for mine and it turns it into a nice little lamp as I was hoping,this one with adjustable dimmer too!

I really like this little light.

Stainz

Enlightened
Well, my T1a arrived in the nearby Birmingham sorting hub in the wee hours of New Years Day - I expected it today. I recently checked the tracking number - it was 'out for delivery' this AM - in Childersburg, AL - fifty odd miles away. The rural guy put it back in their sort system minutes later - it has to go back to Birmingham - then to Pinson. Maybe Saturday. I am like a spoiled child awaiting his new toy! My last USPS Priority Mail delivery went from CA to Anchorage, AK for five days, barely making it here before Christmas. For this they raised their rates?

Stainz

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came before I got home from a trip to Asia. It has a nicer tint than my earlier T1A, a little green shift at the lower levels as is common on other LED lights. The emitter is visibly off center giving a very asymmetric donut beam at close range. It's a flood beam with the shallow reflector so the defect is mostly cosmetic and probably wouldn't be noticed by non-CPF types.

The markings on this S/N 9XXX light are positioned somewhat differently from the ones in Sean's pictures in the first post on this thread. The box has a 90 lumen sticker, a common SF packaging practice with emitter upgrades to existing LED lights. I tried to patiently open the outer box with the picture and multilingual flap, then ripped it to shreds when my patience wore thin. I'll probably harvest the matte black clip off the included lanyard and leave it on the light.

I like these T1A ultra low levels for stealth dog walks in the country and maneuvering around sleeping colleagues in a darkened room or aircraft. And sneaking to bed after opening yet another SF box in the basement. :devil:

Nice light for $99, when my original T1A went missing I chose not to replace it at the original price. I'll probably leave the new T1A in the pocket of some winter coat and find it again next October. :)

Stainz

Enlightened
Mine arrived 2 hr ago. It has the 90L sticker on the box front - the back and side panels still say 70L. The info pamphlet included is correct, brightness and time-wise, except for the mentioned <25% 5 minute autoshutoff - mine stays on. White and centered beam, too. It's what I wanted - a handheld version of my S-F Saint Minimus headlamp. Mine was $99.95 delivered - a bargain. S/N A101XY - battery dated 06-2023. Standing next to my Christmas present - an M3LT-s bought locally by my wife for <$200 with s/t - the T1A looks diminutive. Neat lights.

Stainz

Edited to add: To get the 5min cut-off to work, you must go to a level <25% - not over and then back! Oops - it tells you that. Mine works. When all else fails, read the instructions. My fault!

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived 2 hr ago. It has the 90L sticker on the box front - the back and side panels still say 70L. The info pamphlet included is correct, brightness and time-wise, except for the mentioned <25% 5 minute autoshutoff - mine stays on. White and centered beam, too. It's what I wanted - a handheld version of my S-F Saint Minimus headlamp. Mine was $99.95 delivered - a bargain. S/N A101XY - battery dated 06-2023. Standing next to my Christmas present - an M3LT-s bought locally by my wife for <$200 with s/t - the T1A looks diminutive. Neat lights.

Stainz

I am really liking mine and they do turn off after 5 minutes,it is tough to decide though were 25% is and it took me a few tries to get it there I guess.

nbp

Flashaholic
I have to say, I am really happy to see many new T1A converts popping up. Let us know how you like it after a little time with it. It seems to really grow on people as they see the practicality and usefulness of the light. It really is a unique and very functional little light. It is my go-to light every night for bedside use and once in my "jammies" for general prowling of the house and small tasks.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say, I am really happy to see many new T1A converts popping up. Let us know how you like it after a little time with it. It seems to really grow on people as they see the practicality and usefulness of the light. It really is a unique and very functional little light. It is my go-to light every night for bedside use and once in my "jammies" for general prowling of the house and small tasks.

I imagine I can speak for most of us recent "Converts" about this light?

I knew all along that I would like the light but I would not try one until the price dropped which has expedited and enhanced my appreciation. Otherwise I would have just continued admiring hearing about them I am sure.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Recent "close-out" pricing is likely behind the sudden increase in T1A posts ;)

Really great control ring interface, suuuuuper-smoooooth .... I just wish mine had a white LED :eek:

Stainz

Enlightened
Ganymede,

FYI - the Invictus and Combat Light are larger than the Titan!

DSC_5056_zpsc2443bda.jpg

Gads - $530 on Surefires since October!! Well - at half price or less, good deals.

Stainz