Surefire Titan T1A

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Titan T1A - latest news?

What pictures? Are there beamshots of the T1A somewhere that you are referring to?

I know I saw some beam shots somewhere, and they were blue!

I dont know where I saw them!! but I'm sure I did.

Could someone with more living brain cells then me help?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've never seen one in person, but the limited edition Ti Titan had a quick release type detachable end.
Previous photos of the T1A show the same style, while more recent ones show a simplified version.

Can anyone who has received the actual product confirm this please? Thanks!

Last edited:

dcycleman

Enlightened

I think no one really has this so called titan, this whole thread is propaganda by surefire to calm the CPF community. Surely if someone actually HAD said light there would be PICTURES :thinking:

Burgess

Flashaholic

Forget that !

I wanna' see more pictures of CHIP WEEVILS !

:cool:

_

The Coach

Enlightened

This light has been on TAD's site for a couple of weeks now, I can't believe no one has one yet. :tinfoil:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, I hadn't heard about a 5 minute auto shutoff on the lower levels. That is a total deal breaker for me. If there is no way to defeat that, SF just saved me $250! :party: :sick2:

I also wouldn't spend $50 on a light with a strong blue tint, let alone $250. I'll have to wait until milkyspit is modding them, I guess.... unless it's going to shut off in 5 minutes 90% of the time I'm using it, in which case I guess I won't. :duh2: :ohgeez:

Boy am I sorry I read this thread today!!! :sick:

Saved me the cash too! No auto shut-off! no blue!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

Bluish tint? Noooooooo.... Me no likes angry blue LEDs. Even from my favorite flashlight company.....
Unless it's a different emitter than my Titans have it's not an angry blue or strong purple at all, both of which I have owned and can't stand.

I have a strong preference for warm or neutral tints and yet still find this to be very pleasant to use. Just now shining it against a white wall :eek: it shows a little color and looking at my hand with it makes it appear slightly blue, but using it to search around the room I find it to be very pleasant with it's typically smooth P4 beam.

jhanko

Enlightened

I'm seriously considering one of these, but have a few concerns that I would like to be confirmed by someone who has one in-hand. First, is the 5 minute shutoff indeed implimented? Second, in the TAD Gear pictures, it looks like the reflector does not fill the bezel, as if they just re-used the reflector from the smaller diameter titanium model and used some kind of spacer/filler to fill the gap. That would suck if there's room for a larger reflecter/better beam, but they chose not to make a new one for it. Third, is the tailcap in the pics the one being shipped? It's a shame if it is. The Ti Titan's tailcap was extremely over-engineered, and this one appears as if they put no thought into it at all. Can someone holding one please confirm or deny these observations. Thanks,

Jeff

willrx

Enlightened

Does the split ring come attached like the picture shows?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm seriously considering one of these, but have a few concerns that I would like to be confirmed by someone who has one in-hand...

Yep, the five minute shutoff works as advertised (five minutes on a setting that will last hours or days, what were they thinking?).

The reflector seems to be the right size for the bezel but is recessed a millimeter or two.

The tailcap is spartan, holds a split ring and has smoothly operating threads.

I used the light on a trip to Alaska last night, the interface is great for finding something in a bag while not disturbing someone sleeping. You can dial just enough light to get the job done. The continuous low levels are terrific, something I've only seen in astronomy flashlights. However, the five minute timer kinda spoils these modes.

I don't mind the purple tint too much after getting a coke bottle green E1B a couple of months ago. A recent SF U2 with a P4 emitter has perfect tint (to my eye) so I guess it's just the lottery with these mass produced designer lights.

Not sure I'd pay $239 for the T1A again but it would be a nice light for, say, $99.

jhanko

Enlightened

Yep, the five minute shutoff works as advertised (five minutes on a setting that will last hours or days, what were they thinking?).

The reflector seems to be the right size for the bezel but is recessed a millimeter or two.

The tailcap is spartan, holds a split ring and has smoothly operating threads.

I used the light on a trip to Alaska last night, the interface is great for finding something in a bag while not disturbing someone sleeping. You can dial just enough light to get the job done. The continuous low levels are terrific, something I've only seen in astronomy flashlights. However, the five minute timer kinda spoils these modes.

I don't mind the purple tint too much after getting a coke bottle green E1B a couple of months ago. A recent SF U2 with a P4 emitter has perfect tint (to my eye) so I guess it's just the lottery with these mass produced designer lights.

Not sure I'd pay $239 for the T1A again but it would be a nice light for, say, $99.

Thank you!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dam this thread...:tired:

I am now searching for the cheapest place to purchase my own Titan T1A. It would fit nicely around my neck. :thumbsup:

Would someone please post pictures. Not seeing any in this thread is killing me. Or did I miss something.
Thanks,
Jose

Latest posts