Surefire U2 clone at Fifthunit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rscanady

Enlightened
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
785
Location
Beaverton, OR
The point is that even with a look a like they are still using that "likeness" to capatilize for their own profits.

I am curious to know who Yang is, as he is listed as the designer of all those light, there are some other design rip offs in there too.


Ryan
 

Illum

Flashaholic
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
13,053
Location
Central Florida, USA
well, a side to side comparison... top being fifth unit and bottom being authentic U2



look like all its lacking is a clip gap, slightly depressed clickie, a broader bezel and thicker kurling on the tailcap, but since the pic's angle wasnt straight, its hard to tell :thinking:

[excuse my n00bish werk:grin2:]
 

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
1,550
Illum_the_nation said:
well, a side to side comparison... top being fifth unit and bottom being authentic U2



look like all its lacking is a clip gap, slightly depressed clickie, a broader bezel and thicker kurling on the tailcap, but since the pic's angle wasnt straight, its hard to tell :thinking:

[excuse my n00bish werk:grin2:]
I’m not saying I approve, but fake or not that shows skill.
 

SuperNinja

Enlightened
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
507
Art Vandelay said:
I’m not saying I approve, but fake or not that shows skill.
If I only concentrated on looks alone, I would have to say the clone (top pic) looks nicer.
 

x2x3x2

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
1,258
KROMATICS said:
Somehow I doubt you would be saying that if this was your product that was ripped off.

cmon now, u have to be objective when making statements depending who n what u are talkin about. obviously the comments here are from people as consumers.

so the line should be there. not starting to go into manufacturer's point of view, or talkin like ur some labour minister which some others have done. if u wanna take into consideration all the different angles it would simply be a waste of time n non constructive to anyone, cos at the end of the day, we are the consumers.
 

x2x3x2

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
1,258
KROMATICS said:
There is a big difference between a legitimate product made in China and a knock-off. If a custom builder here on CPF had their product blatently copied there would be an outrage yet if it is a large company like Surefire nobody gets hurt, right? Wrong.

ur reply in this post has nothing to do with my post u quoted... what are u trying to say?

btw, who do u think u are newly strutting into this forum and putting on ur blue tights and red underwear. stop posting nonconstructive/relavant comments n wasting forums space man.. seriously..
 

x2x3x2

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
1,258
rscanady said:
The point is that even with a look a like they are still using that "likeness" to capatilize for their own profits.

I am curious to know who Yang is, as he is listed as the designer of all those light, there are some other design rip offs in there too.


Ryan


If someone is seriously considering buying a surefire u2, is it not safe to assume that he or she would be knowledgable enough on the product theyre buying before dropping over $200+, dont u think? in this case, personal illumination tools.

who do u know that would consider dropping $200+ on a juast another flashlight if he or she didnt have sufficient info behind it or flashlights as a whole? and then just changed their mind when they see a $20+ one? u think people are so stupid? if u think so, then probably u are the stupid one as u are making a big deal out of something trivial.
 

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
1,237
Location
Bergen, Norway
The big problem with fake products is that they often end up getting sold as the real deal, and at the original products price (or close to it). Just look at the sport clothing/shoe business, it is often very hard for consumers to notice the difference before it is too late. Fake Nike shoes giving you serious injuries because of improper, or lack of cushioning. Fake North Face down jacket that may make you freeze to death because of lack of insulation.

And when the fake products brake after a very short while as they often do, then the support department to the manufacturer of the original product gets contacted, which cost them a lot of money, they may even end up sending out replacement products by mistake.

I get appalled to see so many here apparently willing to support Fifthunit by buying this fake product, to me it is just as wrong as buying stolen goods.

Sigbjoern
 

rscanady

Enlightened
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
785
Location
Beaverton, OR
x2x3x2 said:
If someone is seriously considering buying a surefire u2, is it not safe to assume that he or she would be knowledgable enough on the product theyre buying before dropping over $200+, dont u think? in this case, personal illumination tools.

who do u know that would consider dropping $200+ on a juast another flashlight if he or she didnt have sufficient info behind it or flashlights as a whole? and then just changed their mind when they see a $20+ one? u think people are so stupid? if u think so, then probably u are the stupid one as u are making a big deal out of something trivial.


My thoughts tend to go along with Chester at this point. I have merely stated my own opinion.

Please keep this civil and observe the rules (Particularly #4).

This is my last post in this thread. (Spectator hat on now)

Ryan
 

indycrucible

Newly Enlightened
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
47
Location
Indianapolis, IN
M I K said:
Unless this U2 lookalike has a regulated output, 6 power levels, and a momentary click switch, it is not a clone, but rather a Lookalike. Just like all the Harley lookalikes comming out of Japan.

I've never seen a Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda/Kawasaki with an H-D logo on it.
 

x2x3x2

Banned
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
1,258
rscanady said:
My thoughts tend to go along with Chester at this point. I have merely stated my own opinion.

Please keep this civil and observe the rules (Particularly #4).

This is my last post in this thread. (Spectator hat on now)

Ryan


with regards to ur quoted rule #4, ur previous comments regarding this u2 clone could be considered "baiting" for a "flaming"... wonder if that makes a double whammy on ur part ;)

lets hope from now this thread will have post regarding the actual light instead of off-topic stuff and uncle sam's hood rats...

btw.. wonder if cpfers "nowadays" refer to the 2006 lot or 2005? or is it 2003? ;) hmmm...
 
Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
699
I'll vote with my dollars... if it EVER breaks, I want someone to fix it.
 

Kiessling

Moderator,
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
16,136
Location
Germany, Old World
x2x3x2 said:
btw, who do u think u are newly strutting into this forum and putting on ur blue tights and red underwear. stop posting nonconstructive/relavant comments n wasting forums space man.. seriously..

x2x3x2 ... please stop it. Neither your tone nor your implications are apprediated on CPF.

To all ... please be civil and stay on topic. This is an example of an important problem and I would hate to see this thread go downhill.

bernhard
 

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
2,364
Location
Anaheim, CA.
I was told before that we are allowed to express our opinions freely, but I do agree with Kiessling on this.

Basically people will always buy the cheaper flashlights just out of curiousity, and because they are cheap enough it helps fulfill the average CPF flasholics need to buy and have flashlights for no reason.:lolsign:
I originally swore off buying the chinese flashlight , because my first experience was a disaster from a different website in China, then I decided to try fifthunit.com and bought the GLIMT and VINET and found both are very good flashlights...I prefer the VINET the most for the size and brightness. Plus the customer service at fifthunit.com has been extremely good.
Kiessling said:
x2x3x2 ... please stop it. Neither your tone nor your implications are apprediated on CPF.

To all ... please be civil and stay on topic. This is an example of an important problem and I would hate to see this thread go downhill.

bernhard
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top