Status
Not open for further replies.

Empath

Administrator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Supporter
Kiessling said:
x2x3x2 ... please stop it. Neither your tone nor your implications are apprediated on CPF.

To all ... please be civil and stay on topic. This is an example of an important problem and I would hate to see this thread go downhill.

bernhard

Kiessling asked, but so far has been ignored.

That's not going to continue.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Kromatics, it clearly says U2 style, not Surefire U2 man. c'mon now.

"You seem to be saying that if a customer gets scammed it's their own damn fault so screw them."

it seems u are the one taking things to the extreme man, im not faultying anyone nor am i assuming people are "all knowing dieties". i said that someone who would have been considering buying a $200+ flashlight would probably know a thing or 2 about the product. ur reply its so extreme, its easy to tell ur somekinda fanatic..

What's your problem recognizing this simple idea? Whether or not anyone would be fooled, ripping off a company's or person's ideas is wrong, and in many cases illegal. People selling "Rolecks" watches and "Guchy" handbags, for instance. You're saying that if you came up with a really unique product, and some no-name outfit started making physically identical copies at a tenth of the price you wouldn't have a problem with that? There are huge companies in China that make all their money doing just that. Everything from keychains to passenger trains.

This isn't some complicated moral issue like religion or human rights. Blatantly stealing ideas is still stealing. If you're OK with stealing, well that's your problem.

I'm wondering, is English your first language? From the text I'm wondering if some of your statements might not be intentionally this severe.

Last edited:

Telkin

Enlightened
I think we all need to just take a step back and take a breather. There's no need to be at each other's throats about this. It's normal that everyone has their own opinions and that's all it is. We shouldn't make our posts seem like we're targeting each other. Just because someone doesn't condone that light doesn't mean they have no morals or someone defending surefire is a fanatic.

Let's leave the name calling out of this. Everyone has a free choice to either buy or boycott that light. For those who are really seriously worried about this light coming to market, just think, there are millions of ipod knockoffs out, but Apple is still doing plenty well.

We're all here to discuss lights, let's do it in a civilized way. Let's not let what brought us here separate us.

x2x3x2

Banned
@abtomat

nice comments, just looking at ur statements and implications such as picking on typos shows how narrow minded, trivial, and stuck in ur own ideology u are. sure u can have ur own views based on ur own exposure to society n such. n thats ur problem, not everyone will have the same ideology in this world.. now can YOU understant that? not all people around the world revolve around american ideologies once u see how varied cultures and practices from different countries are.

x2x3x2

Banned
Empath said:
Kiessling asked, but so far has been ignored.

That's not going to continue.

yes he did ask, but seems u guys are have ignored my reply n justifications? very fair sure, go ahead and do what u think is PROPER. look at these newbie who joined in late 2006, u let their comments go unchecked n pick on me? jus cos i dont support surefire. very nice dude.

look all the users who have been knocking on fifthunit and this product, i havent even said one bad thing regarding surefire n ur picking me? just cos Keissling has highlighted my nick. did u actually read the previous posts?
remember this is a forum, n moderators moderate to make things fair, they do not govern or police the users.

btw, check post #111.

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. i understand that they took a design, but they did build it, buy parts, and all the hard work needed to build a light.... yes, they took the look.... but everything else it theirs. They should not have taken the surefire name, but they did BUILD the light.

-David

x2x3x2

Banned
SuperTorch said:
My thoughts are clear enough, Support the CREATIVE ARTIST not the theif, your the one whos not reading it closely. I didn't say its OK for Americans to copy, but overhere if they want to take the intellectual theif to court they will be heard, try geting China to put a halt to Copyright theft, Yea Right, its what they base their whole economy on, theft of Intellectual Property and Factory Slave Workers and Americans Special Interest that keep it that way. It'll eventually change as in the people will demand to be paid more and treated better, and the sooner the better. Just because I have my views doesn't mean I think other have to see it my way, buy if you want to that my opinons on it.

of course once i rebutted ur point, u are nice enough to narrow down ur blatant views. whatever man, this post by know it all, righteous newbies is getting out of hand. especially those who talk as if theyre politicians who know whats going on around the other sid eof the world.. nothing more than making a joke out of ur self n american supremist ideaology.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire might not have a design patent in the U2. Maybe not even the magnetic switching ring...might only be a patent pending. Not approved yet. But if this light is marketed with the name Surefire on it...that might be a problem.

Either way, it looks like a nice copy.

Ken

x2x3x2

Banned
SuperTorch said:
x2x3x2

I'm kinda new here are you the local CPF troll? Sorry to the others for feeding. Last post for me.

sticks n stones, nice..

Empath

Administrator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Supporter
Beyond the discussion of a light, there's issues and concepts that seriously need to be discussed. They're issues and concepts that bring strong feelings, and the words and effort to express them are proving to be such a challenge that the civility and respect for others are taking a back seat. It could likely be discussed in the Underground, although I can see it's also important to address it here. I just don't presently know how to approach it, and yet remain within the framework of the civility we expect from each of our members.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts