Surge delivery time

redbird

Enlightened
I just wanted to share with everyone that I ordered a yellow PT Surge from Brite Guy yesterday and it arrived TODAY. Way cool.

I tried it next to my E2 and was pleasantly surprised to see it was brighter (slightly used E2 batteries) I know it is larger but it will be less costly to operate.

Definately a nice complement to my collection.
grin.gif
grin.gif

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
yeah, I'm giving them to family members this season and having all the maglights thrown in the garage again.

The Surge is ideal in a number of ways; the only caveat might be the beam isn't perfectly round although it IS adjustable.

For around a quarter of the cost of a competitively-bright flashlight (I mostly mean lithiums here) the Surge strikes me as really solid value.

8 AA's cost around $5 a pack and run the Surge for 2 or 3 hours. The number of lithiums it would take to do the same in a competitor is probably four. So that's maybe $8 + shipping. Lithiums would discharge a bit more evenly and last longer in an idle condition, but the availability and cheapness of AA's seems a very good counterargument.

Also, losing a $25 AA flashlight would hurt a lot less than losing a Surefire if that happened in the field.

I think this light is better than the Legend LX (see "Surge Shootout"). It's also better than my Energizer 6AA Double Barrel on all counts. I only wish they'd pay me to say this.

Spork

Enlightened
battery cost inst even an issue with the surge if you have nimh cells. im more worried about the bulbs at 5 bucks a piece.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
8 AA alkalines cost less than $2 at Costco, when buying the 40 pack.

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redbird:
I just wanted to share with everyone that I ordered a yellow PT Surge from Brite Guy yesterday and it arrived TODAY. Way cool.

<Snip>

Definately a nice complement to my collection.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I like to buy from Brightguy: their customer service is very, very good. When they only stocked the yellow Surge, I
E-mailed Greg and asked if he would order me a black one, with his next regular orer to Princeton Tec. He had it in a week, and I had it about 3 days later. And, he added the black ones to the website. They aren't always the cheapest on every item, but they stock an amazing assortment of flashlights, and lamps and accessories for virtually all of them. And, they charge actual shipping costs.

Is there any other website that's totally devoted to flashlights that compares in selection to Brightguy? Seems unlikely....

grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by recercare:
Brightguy doesn't ship to Europe, so they can't be THAT "devoted" to flashlights.
mad.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I wish he shipped internationally...so far I haven't found
anyone in Japan that stocks the PT Surge.
Anyway, I'm going back to Australia for Christmas, and managed to find a place there that has them, but at a premium - A$85! (That's over US$40)
frown.gif

Graham

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone asked BrightGuy why he doesn't ship to Europe? I'm in the mail order business myself, and I'd guess it's because of credit card fraud issues...we can't accept credit cards internationally because there is so much fraud (no I don't sell flashlights).

I only wish brightguy would stock all the colors available for each light. My last order was from outdoor-tuff. Don't know how good they are, they're certainly not devoted to flashlights, but they had a large selection of colors for the Rage.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I tried to place an order with him, all I got was an email from him saying that they don't accept international orders any more. I replied and mentioned that it would be helpful if he mentioned it on the website, but got no reply back from him.
Maybe he got burned badly with a fraudulent card...
I just wish he'd been a little more forthcoming in his email. I'm sure I could have worked out something with him - sending proof of identity etc would be no problem, and I would have ordered lots of stuff..

Graham

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't figure it out. If BrightGuy is afraid of overseas fraudulent card, they could ship only to Card address. Many company do that. I paid $40 for my Surge and $10 for a spare bulb:-(

Alan