Suspicious ebay HID

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post on cpf. I couldn't find any info on this light so I'm hoping to help someone out. This is the 24w HID tactical that has been listed on ebay as microfire and surefire brands. It is neither, clearly and I knew that before I bought it. It has a nice matte finish and the body seems to be really well built. The lens is glass, I expected it to be plastic. The beam is adjustable from an extra wide flood full of artifacts holes and rings to a fine tuned spot. The light dosen't seem to get hot at all, just noticably warm after about 10-15 minutes and it seems to keep a constant temperature.

The only complaint that I have about this light is that there is a really subtle flutter/flickering even after warm up. It dosent bother me much but it would be nice if it didnt do it.

secondtry.jpg

secondtry1.jpg

:welcome: Please resize the oversized pics (I've deleted) to comply with the size stated in the CPF rules. :thanks:

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Interesting light. How much are they going for on Ebay?
Do you know where it was shipped from?
I can't get on E-bay at work as it would interfere with the proper working of our staff. Glad I have not been banned from CPF.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only complaint that I have about this light is that there is a really subtle flutter/flickering even after warm up. It dosent bother me much but it would be nice if it didnt do it.

Neat light! I would suspect the flutter/flicker to be the ballast, chances are it's not very high-quality based on the "no-name" status. It also might be the bulb, but to be honest it's hard to tell without handling it.

Nonetheless it still looks fun to play with!:naughty: Have fun.:thumbsup:

oh... and :welcome:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

:welcome:

That seems to be common in HID's where the ballast is underdriving the bulb. The Microfire K3500R does that and so does AE24 Powerlight.

Thanks for showing it to us. I hope it last a long time and gives you lots of reliable service. :)

Latest posts