T20C2 MKII XM-L T6... 700 Lumens?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Like mentioned above the drop-in has reverse threads so turn in the opposite direction if this still don't work don't be afraid to put a wrench to it, just clamp down on it firmly and turn clockwise. I've had a couple tough ones but if you stick to it it will eventually loosen up.

That worked, thank you.

belomeclone

Enlightened
Just been reading the reports so far whilst waiting for mine to turn up , and i must say that one would think? that there would be a difference of a tad more than a little brighter?

Imo the tailcap measurement , if the driver is a constant current type and not Pwm as the multimeter might not average out the Pwm pulsed current draw , the reading at the tailcap should be accurate at least for battery runtime and losses through the driver if one also was measuring the LED current at the same time , put simply :sssh: 2 multimeters .

Paul .

Why would there be any difference except it being brighter? All they did was change the driver. And I don't know how bright the previous XM-L was, but this thing is extremely bright. It has a good radius on its beam in the dark and great distance. And it's tiny!

HooNz

Enlightened
Why would there be any difference except it being brighter? All they did was change the driver. And I don't know how bright the previous XM-L was, but this thing is extremely bright. It has a good radius on its beam in the dark and great distance. And it's tiny!

Yep , ok but that is actually what i was trying to type , Tad in English is short for Tadpole? ie:small , so 700ish from 580ish one would think not just a little brighter but theoretically a "noticeable difference" in brightness or another way to type it would be 1.5ampish to 2.5 ampish one would expect a tad more that a little difference , anyway , i'll have to wait! :) .
ps-i'm still happyish with the XR-E drop-in
cheers , Paul

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep , ok but that is actually what i was trying to type , Tad in English is short for Tadpole? ie:small , so 700ish from 580ish one would think not just a little brighter but theoretically a "noticeable difference" in brightness or another way to type it would be 1.5ampish to 2.5 ampish one would expect a tad more that a little difference , anyway , i'll have to wait! :) .
ps-i'm still happyish with the XR-E drop-in
cheers , Paul

Ok I've had time tonight to take out both older and newer XM-L versions and this is what I think. As already pointed out my another member the reflector is even more lightly textured than the previous XM-L version so the hotspot is a bit more defined, you may assume the spill would be dimmer because of this but I guess because of the slight bump in output it compensates and the spill both appear equal.

This is different than my initial observation and I apologize for that, sometimes you just get it wrong. Anyways so what I have here is a T20C2 XM-L with slightly better throw without any loss in spill, how much more throw idk I need to get it out to greater distances and maybe someone can use a meter to measure them both (note to self: I need a good lux meter).

HooNz

Enlightened
Just in case someone is interested :huh:

The driver in the XPG and XRE drop-in seems to be PWM , @ 380khz , if one has a long wave/shortwave receiver , set it to 380khz am and up close to the antenna turn the T20C2 MKII on , + full scale on the S-meter!

Then after pulling one apart again (2 minutes time:sssh:) there is a Techcode TD1410 ic on one side of the board .

www.techcodesemi.com/download/TD1410.pdf

How about that?

Paul----

Last edited:

HooNz

Enlightened
Mine Too!:thumbsup:

It seems mine took a detour via Siberia (a poor attempt at humor) , it turned up today , nothing reflected on Tod of course as the HO told me when i un-packed it that it wanted to see what was going on over there in Siberia via the USPS for free! .

I have just got back from the nightly walk in the paddocks with the HO and XR-E and it seems i took a good guess previously regarding chuckoutability (check it in the dictionary) , The HO just reaches or if not does where the XR-E does and of course no relatively small spot but really shines up the area and like mentioned just about gets to the limit (270m ish compared to 270m) , 3 minutes 25 seconds on this one until it backs off .

A fresh 18650 pulled 1.65 amp at the tail , 2 cr123 primary's(the ones that came with it awhile back) but 5.7v now , pulled 2.2 amp and after10 minutes or so i measured them again at 5.3v so they were going! but i did detect a slight increase in brilliantness first off.

Now i have a psychological dilemma , i like a relatively small spot at distance as it tricks the/my mind/eyes to isolate the surrounding area to within the spot therefore artificially intensifying what is seen , now with the HO so far for me and only preliminary , there seems to be so much to see that is seems more active or sensory overloading due to the Far wider yet just as far imagery , a few more nights and i'll see if i can get used to it , Runtime aside i think that beam would be great down in tunnels or caves or dark alleys looking for Monsters :) or just looking!
Paul.....