T4, DX "U2", L1D CE beamshots (informal)

Enlightened
Took beamshots of three of my lights tonight. They are very informal and spur of the moment. You can at least see the difference though. The photos were just resized and put through a noise reduction program. My camera sucks.
Here they are..

DX "U2" Cree regulated on AW 18650
DXU2Cree_filtered.jpg

Inova T4 (2007 model with K2) on Inova Li-Ion
InovaT4K2_filtered.jpg

Fenix L1D CE (my new EDC) on Ultralast 2600mAh NiMH
L1DCE_filtered.jpg

Enlightened
More pics but this time outside and with a Falcata 6V thrown in.

Falcata 6V
Falcata6Voutside_filtered.jpg

L1D CE
L1Doutside_filtered.jpg

Night-Ops Gladius
Gladiusoutside_filtered.jpg

T4
T4outside_filtered.jpg

DX "U2" (Easily becoming my favorite non-EDC LED)
DXoutside_filtered.jpg

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would like to see a 14500 in that L1D for comparison! A nimh is great but does not show its full potential!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job with the beamshots, and I'll second the cute dog comments :) That DX U2 knock-off is very impressive!

ensile

Enlightened
how much $$ are those dx "u2" lights ? that thing looks badass. oh and that lil fenix is pretty sweet ! very tempting.

jchen012

Newly Enlightened
ensile said:
how much $$ are those dx "u2" lights ? that thing looks badass. oh and that lil fenix is pretty sweet ! very tempting.

DX stands for Deal Extreme and the light is available on http://www.dealextreme.com. The DX U2 is DX's version of the Surefire U2. I believe it is $24.49 with free shipping. The light the OP is talking about is here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1285. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
I love my DX 'U2'. It is my favorite light right now. Very bright and long run time.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great shots, thanks! Comparing the T4 to the Cree light makes me really look forward to more American companies jumping on board the Cree bandwagon. I was so happy with my new T3 (reflector) until I got some Cree lights a month later. Now my T3 sits in the drawer. 40 less lumans burning 3 123'a make it non justifiable to me. Thanks for showing the differance in beams.

ukmike

Newly Enlightened
I too think my DX U2 is the dogs bo****ks and want to get a Eastward YJ version and possibly a C2 assuming they take protected 18650s. The best bit is that it seems to be my brightest light for a fraction of the cost of some others I own