T6vn - Favorite High Output Thrower

aginthelaw

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmy 's got a gift. If anyone read how he inspired saabluster in his latest work, I'd burn up a deft-x myself to get that kind of admiration

Offgridled

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmy 's got a gift. If anyone read how he inspired saabluster in his latest work, I'd burn up a deft-x myself to get that kind of admiration
Yes this is so true I've been watching that thread also. Micheal is going to make wimmer the longest throwing light ever.

G

gsteve

Enlightened
I'm sure that's part of it as well, but I asked him why he got rid of it and thats what he told me.
I dont want to slam the guy , but it would have be easy to include a note saying DO NOT INSTALL THE BATTERIES IN REVERSE.

Last edited:
wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
2e3r6fk.jpg
What in the name of Saint Francis is going on in here???????

wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Yes this is so true I've been watching that thread also. Micheal is going to make wimmer the longest throwing light ever.

Not after he sees that old post you dragged up... where I complained about there not being any material on cell usage. :ohgeez:

OG if you blow this for me that green/silver lego is MINE! I'll also be taking these Huggies...

2-Raising-Arizona-quotes.gif

Offgridled

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer did not want this posted but I believe when he was younger searching for big foot in his neighborhood he reached for his Handy flashlight and was hooked. The picture he's holding was the beginning of his photography career.

screen shot windows

Bdm82

Bdm82

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I have a T6vn on it's way to me as I type this and I am very excited to get my light. After reading all of the great things you guys have said about the T6vn I am ecstatic about my decision to buy the light. Now if I can just avoid Wimmeritis while inserting the batteries we will have a long and happy life together. I have yet to post a picture on CPF, but I will give it a shot with beamshots of the T6vn and T6 stock.
Have you gotten it yet? If so, what are your impressions?

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Wimmer did not want this posted but I believe when he was younger searching for big foot in his neighborhood he reached for his Handy flashlight and was hooked. The picture he's holding was the beginning of his photography career.

screen shot windows

I honestly thought that was Nitecore's CMO.

B

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Have you gotten it yet? If so, what are your impressions?

I have had my new T6vn for about a week and I love this light! I was able to run the light on turbo for 45 minutes last night without a problem, no heat issues at all. I have looked at all of the lights on the SkyLumen site and the T6 shows the greatest improvement in performance from stock to T6vn by far. The TN40 has it beat by a little bit in output and throw, but the smaller size and better heat management makes the T6vn very tough to beat in my eyes. I have no doubt that someday we will see a high output thrower that will give us 600k lux and 6,000 lumens, but until then I think that my needs are met.

S

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your thoughts BTTS, good summary. I've had mine for a while now, and it has an advantage over any other mega thrower that I have. It is compact. I was recently on a houseboat on the Murray River and I took more lights than clothes [emoji38], but it was the T6vn that I grabbed to scope the bank where we berthed once the kangaroos stared coming out and night. The multi reflector throwers are amazing at mid range (150-400ms) as they light up the whole area, not just a spot.

5000+ lumens in a light this size is the perfect balance of light vs heat. I might buy a brighter multi one day, but unless some new technology becomes available, it is either going to be hotter or bigger.

On that note ( kind of), I just received the Niwalker MM25MBvn that I won, thanks Vinh. It's 8000 lumens at least ( I'll measure it once I get my sphere working), and the heat management seems to be excellent, particularly for a can light. The V2 stock light would be worth a look if anyone is into stock lights, as it's 8600 lumens out of the box. Not much throw though.

Both of these lights are no longer sold by Vinh. [emoji4]

B

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I just came back from a walk with my yellow lab, my raccoon and of course; my T6vn. It is small enough to fit in my jacket pocket yet is large enough to carry and operate in a gloved hand. I wish the switch was different, but other than that I can find no fault with this light.