• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

T6vn - Favorite High Output Thrower

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure that's part of it as well, but I asked him why he got rid of it and thats what he told me.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, funny that I haven't fried my T6vn... you'd think that would be a given.

T6vn owns the TN40vn with far superior beam tint quality IMO and also in heat management. I even think it's a better looking light, for what that's worth. My T6vn is NOT for sale.

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
Ok. He just dont want to mention on the forum them. Lol. I can understand.

I had mine out on my friends boat one night and we used it for navigation back to his house and I had several other V54 throwers with me in my light bag. When we got back to the dock I turned it off and put it in the bag and zipped it up so we could make the 100 yard walk up to the house. I set my light bag down on the patio table and maybe 5 minutes later my friend said, "it looks like one of your lights is on in your bag." I quickly opened my bag and my T6vn with nearly fresh VTC5's was on high and was so hot I had to use a towel to take it out of the bag. I quickly unscrewed the tail cap and dumped the batteries out and let it cool off and fortunately it was not damaged. I am super careful with all of my lights and this goes to show you how quickly something can go wrong. This was on the 4th of July and I shouldn't have been using one of my most powerful lights after one too many beers. I had a blast though because it was the first time I got to use all of my throwers to their fullest potential lighting up islands several thousand feet away.

Last edited:

drummer132132

Enlightened

T6vn owns the TN40vn with far superior beam tint quality IMO and also in heat management. I even think it's a better looking light, for what that's worth. My T6vn is NOT for sale.

Heat management wise were you comparing the xhp35 hi TN40vn version or potentially an xpl hi version? Think if both lights were xpl hi heat be the same?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heat management wise were you comparing the xhp35 hi TN40vn version or potentially an xpl hi version? Think if both lights were xpl hi heat be the same?

Yes the XHP35 Hi, but my heat management declaration was based solely on a respected member's testimony. I do not own a TN40vn. Also it's fair to note that considering the Thrunite pumps about 3,500 more lumens it oughta get hot quicker. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sole reason I did not purchase the TN40vn was the beam tint compared to the T6vn in Vinh's beam shot video.

I'm sure many prefer the TN40vn. It's purely a matter of personal preference.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I had mine out on my friends boat one night and we used it for navigation back to his house and I had several other V54 throwers with me in my light bag. When we got back to the dock I turned it off and put it in the bag and zipped it up so we could make the 100 yard walk up to the house. I set my light bag down on the patio table and maybe 5 minutes later my friend said, "it looks like one of your lights is on in your bag." I quickly opened my bag and my T6vn with nearly fresh VTC5's was on high and was so hot I had to use a towel to take it out of the bag. I quickly unscrewed the tail cap and dumped the batteries out and let it cool off and fortunately it was not damaged. I am super careful with all of my lights and this goes to show you how quickly something can go wrong. This was on the 4th of July and I shouldn't have been using one of my most powerful lights after one too many beers. I had a blast though because it was the first time I got to use all of my throwers to their fullest potential lighting up islands several thousand feet away.
I guess it does have a hair trigger with no lockout capabilities. Also if you accidentally reverse polarity a battery just one time then it goes poof. Let us all keep a close eye on our T6VNs. Glad to hear yours made it through ok with this incident. It's another great testament to this lights quality but, I don't want to go there if it keeps stayed on.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Not to mention it gets great run times and maintains a decent output as the batteries drain. Smallest of the high output throwers. Gotta love it. But I don't own a TN40VN, and my perspective is not that of those who went ahead with a TN40VN purchase. I'll say for the most part the T6VN camp is a happy one.

see level

Enlightened
I love my T6vn. I didnt realize at the time but I must have fried it when inserting the batteries. I sent it back to Vinh and he fixed it for me. I got it back in a little over a week. His customer service is probably the main reason I don't see myself buying a light from anywhere else buy him. Now I am very carefull when changing batteries and I always put it on low before turning it off in case it gets turned on accidentally.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my T6vn. I didnt realize at the time but I must have fried it when inserting the batteries. I sent it back to Vinh and he fixed it for me. I got it back in a little over a week. His customer service is probably the main reason I don't see myself buying a light from anywhere else buy him. Now I am very carefull when changing batteries and I always put it on low before turning it off in case it gets turned on accidentally.
I love my T6vn as well. I'm overly cautious to begin with, both with battery insertion and like you, by leaving it on low before turning off.

I was tempted by the tn that replaced it in the VN lineup but only for a second. The tn might have a higher peak output but the heat seemed to bring it back in line with the t6 on high; I would love to see the two compared with runtime graphs. The t6 had better tint, too.

When the t6 was discontinued Vinh said the build was better on the tn; I guess the possibility of shorting the tail cap on the T6 was a big part of that from what is being said here now.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I love my T6vn as well. I'm overly cautious to begin with, both with battery insertion and like you, by leaving it on low before turning off.

I was tempted by the tn that replaced it in the VN lineup but only for a second. The tn might have a higher peak output but the heat seemed to bring it back in line with the t6 on high; I would love to see the two compared with runtime graphs. The t6 had better tint, too.

When the t6 was discontinued Vinh said the build was better on the tn; I guess the possibility of shorting the tail cap on the T6 was a big part of that from what is being said here now.

TN40Svn has the same tint as the T6vn I thought? Both are 5000k and the xhp35 hi I think gives a better color rendition? I could be wrong just what my eyes see.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still think the t6 is a special light even after the tn40svn was released. The t6vn has the small size.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
TN40Svn has the same tint as the T6vn I thought? Both are 5000k and the xhp35 hi I think gives a better color rendition? I could be wrong just what my eyes see.

The comparison in the video I posted last night clearly shows the difference in the two. Vinh refers to one as spec 4 but that's due to the Thrunite requiring a handle at that time. I believe it is the same light as what's listed as spec 2 now, but you can confirm that with MADD to be sure. If memory serves... I also believe the light was listed as 5000K. The T6vn utilizes XPL vs. XHP35 HI in the TN40Svn, which is why there's a clear difference in tint. So yeah not all 5000K look the same.

If you prefer the "cooler rendition" then your choice should be an easy one.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Both are great lights. Not trying to downplay the T6vn. Just realized a mistake I made when looking at the video. Xpl PDT will of course look different in comparison to an hi emitter. I thought in the video of the T6vn vs TN40vn they were both using an hi emitter when the T6vn was actually PDT. I'm unfairly comparing PDT to hi.

Capolini

Banned
I considered getting One after Vinh stopped selling them. I was going to buy One and send it to him.

He would not mod it and I asked him Why? He said the reason he discontinued it was because of "reliability" issues. Hopefully everyone that has one it is still working well.

I assume it does NOT have reverse polarity,,if not why were some of them getting fried w/ battery insertion?

WAS WIMMER BEHIND IT??!!! :naughty: