• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tad's: E2E socket, A4812 bulbs

michaex

Enlightened
A "little" late in the game since Tad closed his doors, but perhaps someone has a spare one...
PM please if you'd have one.
Thanks!

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the socket, Streamlight Scorpion bulb will work instead of 4812 to power up with pair of primaries.
If you have the socket, Streamlight Strion bulb will work in E2 to power up with single Lithium-ion.
If you have the socket, Streamlight Strion bulb will work in A2 to power up with pair of primaries.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you use Streamlight Scorpion bulb ?
Does it work instead of 4812 ?
How can he do that without a socket?

There are a number of Streamlight bulbs, Strion, Stinger, Super Stinger, etc., and you seem to know all about them fivemega. I wish you'd do a post about all the bipin Streamlight bulbs, the different kinds, their expected voltages, and which can work in E on what cell configuration, what can be overdriven, etc. I am having a heck of a time figuring out all the xenon Streamlights, what cells they used with what voltages. Though they all seem to be 1.6A, some take 3.6V (is that exactly?) some 6V (again, is that precisely 6V or is there wiggle room?).

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having a heck of a time figuring out all the xenon Streamlights, what cells they used with what voltages.
First they pick a battery chemistry they are going to use in flashlight then consider about brightness, run time, bulb life and flashlight size.
Example: If you are using two cells of primary CR123 and brightness of about 60~80 lumens, and run time of minimum an hour which shouldn't be more than 1.2A Amp, bulb life shouldn't be more than 40~50 hours and flashlight size can't be smaller than 4.5"

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
First they pick a battery chemistry they are going to use in flashlight then consider about brightness, run time, bulb life and flashlight size.
Example: If you are using two cells of primary CR123 and brightness of about 60~80 lumens, and run time of minimum an hour which shouldn't be more than 1.2A Amp, bulb life shouldn't be more than 40~50 hours and flashlight size can't be smaller than 4.5"

That is interesting, but the only reason I was trying to figure out what lights there are and what their cells' voltages were was to determine if their lamps could be used in what Li-ion cell configurations. Just because a Streamlight uses a 3.6V NiCad to drive a 1.6A bipin doesn't mean it won't :poof: on a single Li-ion, nor that a Streamlight that has a weird long 6V NiMH replacement cell doesn't mean the lamp it drives won't:poof: on 2xCR123A. And I wouldn't care so much, but the lamps aren't exactly cheap, $8-$12/pc.

How many different Streamlight bipin xenon lamps are there? How many can be driven with IMR/INR or LFE or CR123A without throwing money away flashing lamps? I have only seen you suggest two different Streamlight lamps before, Strion and Stinger, and today, now Scorpion. That's actually a pretty good start, so, well done, thanks.