• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper Available NOW

Torchlight

Newly Enlightened
Hi Moddoo,

Will the Titanium Tailstanding Shroud for E1/E2/EB1/EB2 be available anytime soon? Thanks

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
—same question.

Will the titanium version be available soon, and if not, do you have a timetable for release?

Thank you!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry, these don't sell fast enough to make just ti and we still have to much brass to make more. We may be able to make the brass more desirable, but its still likely to take the rest of the year.

AussieRanga

Enlightened
So who decided to be greedy and order all remaining shrouds? Go on, own up so we know who to mug...

Whoever you are, if you are feeling generous (and don't like being mugged)..PM me as I would love a brass or two ;)

I'm kinda hoping you made a deal with the team at OR and got them at a real good price so wont mind selling a few...

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry, that was me. The non silver models were taking to long to sell through so I sent them all in for a face lift.

AussieRanga

Enlightened
That's funny because I had intended on ordering 3-5 myself :p

EDIT:

I actually managed to somehow snag one of your Ti ones on ebay from a fellow Aussie and when I ordered the last of the wood/brass 18350 bodies I also grabbed a brass and copper shroud. Decided I like the brass the most so went back to get 3 more when I ordered the parts to complete the wood bodied beauty and damn, somehow they're all gone...

So, it sounds like you're doing something to them and then putting them back up for sale??

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yes, basically the same process that created the Satin and Polished bezel rings. They were originally a less popular silver color. In both cases, I miscalculated demand ratio for the different colors and needed to accelerate sales of one to satisfy repeated requests for the other (see post 24).

I've not tried the process on brass or copper before, so the result is uncertain. But the result certainly won't look as good with wood, so let me see if I can capture some for you as is.

AussieRanga

Enlightened
I can understand the frustration of stock sitting idle from an inventory management point of view so it makes sense that you're at least attempting to do something to make them more appealing.

As far as looks go though, yeah the brass looks sweet on an E1L, but to me it doesn't matter too much as the functionality afforded by adding the shroud far outweighs the improved visual aspect. If you can't get them back as they were, don't worry about it. I'll be happy to see them back in stock in any finish!!

fyrstormer

Banned
That's a self-fulfilling prediction. If you don't build it, they won't come. I know the 18mm-compatible P-series lights have a larger following, but the E-series lights will always have their adherents. Some of us prefer in-pocket carry, and P-series lights are not suitable for that.

Last edited:

SixStars

Newly Enlightened
That's a self-fulfilling prediction. If you don't build it, they won't come. I know the 18mm-compatible P-series lights have a larger following, but the E-series lights will always have their adherents. Some of us prefer in-pocket carry, and P-series lights are not suitable for that.

I realize that this is an older thread but I'm looking for a couple of tail standing shrouds as well for an EB-1 Backup. I wonder if there is still a demand for these? Are the E-Series lights still a sought after platform?

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Tail-Standing Shrouds for E-Series in Titanium and Copper

Even if OR doesn't have them, Lumens Factory still makes these available.