Tapatalk

Stoneking

The app stopped working a while ago and now tapatalk don’t work anymore…
There are so many ads is absolutely ridiculous!
This sucks to be honest.
What has happened to this site!!!

kilogulf59

Tapatalk SUCKS! The took over my forum and just about ruined it. The problem is, they're essentially a monopoly. They also wont release the database from YOUR forum so if you go anywhere else you'd have to manually copy every post over.

Stoneking

Tapatalk SUCKS! The took over my forum and just about ruined it. The problem is, they're essentially a monopoly. They also wont release the database from YOUR forum so if you go anywhere else you'd have to manually copy every post over.
Fair enough, but using Tapatalk, I wasn’t overwhelmed with ads. This is absurd!
Is there some way to pay to remove these? I can barely navigate this mess on my phone.
Does becoming a supporting member remove ads?

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough, but using Tapatalk, I wasn’t overwhelmed with ads. This is absurd!
Is there some way to pay to remove these? I can barely navigate this mess on my phone.
Does becoming a supporting member remove ads?
There was a mishap this morning. However, yes supporting memberships will give you the option to disable ads.

bigburly912

I had no idea people actually liked tapatalk. I’m in the same boat as kilogulf. I was on a very nice local outdoors forum and somebody thought tapatalk would be a good idea. It was more of a hostile takeover and this site runs excellently on my iPhone. I’ve not been on computer just because of the complaints of ads.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
I had no idea people actually liked tapatalk. I’m in the same boat as kilogulf. I was on a very nice local outdoors forum and somebody thought tapatalk would be a good idea. It was more of a hostile takeover and this site runs excellently on my iPhone. I’ve not been on computer just because of the complaints of ads.
As long as your logged in, the only ads you see are related to the topic.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
I love TT. Been using it for years. Once again, CPF takes a step backwards. Why am I not surprised?
We aren't taking a step backwards, becoming reliant on less 3rd parties is a plus. Especially when the software we use can offer a great mobile experience. Thank you for your feedback.

this_is_nascar

We aren't taking a step backwards, becoming reliant on less 3rd parties is a plus. Especially when the software we use can offer a great mobile experience. Thank you for your feedback.
I'm not going to argue with you. It's obvious you've never used the product to understand the benefit of it.

Mostly, all the forums have the same look, feel and function while under the TT umbrella. More importantly to me, is the very much easier way to post photos and pictures to the forum.

Like I said, taking something away, adding additional steps to complete a once very task is not progress.

Jelly

Administrator
Staff member
I've been a TT Pro user since they started. They have a slick app, and it's the exact experience for multiple forums. They were leaders and the first to offer a forum app for the users when iPhones were first released. I've dealt with them from the forum user, and admin side. So I get it, but XenForo out of the box, handles 85% of what the app did.

Few years ago they were completely hacked and all user information was accessed due to the plugin still not being updated (I think it's ~13 years and counting now). The concern for user privacy, and data collection they are selling off is huge concerns.

That said, I've been looking at apps, and creation of my own apps to be released.

this_is_nascar

I've been a TT Pro user since they started. They have a slick app, and it's the exact experience for multiple forums. They were leaders and the first to offer a forum app for the users when iPhones were first released. I've dealt with them from the forum user, and admin side. So I get it, but XenForo out of the box, handles 85% of what the app did.

Few years ago they were completely hacked and all user information was accessed due to the plugin still not being updated (I think it's ~13 years and counting now). The concern for user privacy, and data collection they are selling off is huge concerns.

That said, I've been looking at apps, and creation of my own apps to be released.
Looking forward to hearing more about that.

Cyclops942

CPF Supporter
Supporter
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

I was unaware of the breach, so thanks for letting me know. I'm a Tapatalk Pro user, because of one other forum that I use that is NOT phone-friendly, but now that I have an iPad, I do most of my web browsing on that, and while posting pics and vids is MUCH easier on Tapatalk than it is using the forum directly, I'm now far less enthused about Tapatalk.

For CPF, I was using Tapatalk, too, but mostly because I could, not because I felt the need.