Tenergy LiFePO4 3V RCR123 - Protected?

fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
http://www.batteryjunction.com/rc375reliba.html

I know LiFePO4 batteries don't need the same protection circuits that LiCoO batteries need, but I'm hesitant to use them in a flashlight that otherwise doesn't have any voltage protection built-in, because they can still be damaged by overdraining. I've tried the batteries with the 3.6-to-3V downconverters, and I know they also have voltage protection, but in anything pulling more than a few dozen mA the downconverters get burning-hot in seconds. Does anyone know if this battery, or any other LiFePO4 batteries, have voltage protection circuits on them?

Last edited:
steveG

steveG

Enlightened
From that link: "Please never overdischarge battery below 2.2V/cell"

It also says so on the packaging... but I swear it was 3.2volts... I could be wrong.

fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
Right; they won't explode if you abuse them, but they'll still wear out faster. So does anyone know if anyone (maybe AW?) offers LiFePO4 RCR123s that have voltage protection circuits on them?

J

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK there are no protected LiFePO4 RCR123 available...

And by the way, the Tenergy "750mAh" lifepos have only 310mAh capacity when discharged with 100mA current (measured with CBA II). That is what I call exaggerating...

fyrstormer

fyrstormer

Banned
AFAIK there are no protected LiFePO4 RCR123 available...

And by the way, the Tenergy "750mAh" lifepos have only 310mAh capacity when discharged with 100mA current (measured with CBA II). That is what I call exaggerating...
Really? Wow, that's not cool.

Latest posts