Tenergy Premier and Centura batteries

Z

z_Veldy

I used a few if the old Tenergy blue batteries in the past and I felt like going to the California Attorney General about their mislabelling of cells. However, I have noticed that they have new Premium 2500mAh and 2000mAh LSD batteries and I have to say that I am impressed.

I am wondering what other people are experiencing with these batteries. They have only been out for a few months, so it is tough to day how the LSD batteries retain capacity over time, but so far so good. I an also impressed that the batteries actually exceed the listed capacity as measured by my Maha C9000.

Anybody else want to share their experience with these?

Sent from my DROIDX

Mad-Bassist

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the white premium batteries are LSD, but they seem to act like them. For fun, I took two fully charged AAAs rated at 1000 mAh and let them sit for two months. I used one in my mp3 player (Sansa 250) and it lasted around ten hours. The other I discharged in my Maha C9000. Here is the result:

Cell "876" (original break-in capacity) after sitting two months: 794 mAh
After refresh/analyze (500/100): 905 mAh
Charge after two months: 87.7%

These cells have been used and charged around a dozen times before doing this test, so they're still fairly new. For the low price they're sold for, I'm impressed by their quality so far.

The Tenergy site says: "Advanced Ni-MH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables" - that makes me wonder. Are they middle ground between their blue standards and Centura LSDs, or just a new label on the blues?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This is one of those threads that got whittled down by the big CPF crash this year. I am surprised that it got bumped.

Bill