• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TerminatorVN 4 Charity ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK so the general consensus is a cancer support/research group.

Which one are we shooting for this round?

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: whatever the majority votes for sounds good to me. I say if anyone knows of a charity that they've dealt with before where most of the money actually goes towards the research, that would be great.

Last edited:

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't do much investigating, the only charity I've given to over the last several years is the National MS Society. But, like I said before, my wife is actually on a cancer medication now that works great for people with MS. So, I'm open to anything.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't do much investigating, the only charity I've given to over the last several years is the National MS Society. But, like I said before, my wife is actually on a cancer medication now that works great for people with MS. So, I'm open to anything.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4189

They are pretty good too. Same deal...around 80% of funding goes to actually help people. A relatively small percentage goes to administration and fundraising. Good choice!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donation Information
Donation Date:
7/7/15
Donation Level:
$310.00
Tracking Code:
1638-41837-1-15720333-16415126

Donation successfully made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Thanks to MoldyOldy for donating the light...Vinh for his time, expertise, and parts to restore and upgrade it...and caddylover for the purchase. Definitely a worthy cause...thanks to all of you for making it possible!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I want to help some kids in 3rd world country to better their education. I will start up a new charity for that cause.