Inner box

[SIZE=+2]Photos[/SIZE]
Top & bottom

Label pic #1:

Label pic #2:

[SIZE=+2]Discharging Graphs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Charging Graphs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Notes[/SIZE]

Batteries provided for testing by: Acebeam, which used to be Supbeam, and was briefly Microbluebear.

To simplify testing and prevent mistakes, batteries in each test were charged at 0.5A and discharged to 2.80V.

This is the first protected battery I have tested. Unfortunately I believe the review samples I tested both had faulty protection circuits. If I used more than the slightest pressure on the contacts, the battery would produce unusual results that made some tests impossible. For example, I was unable to complete internal resistance tests with the Opus BT-C3100 or Turnigy Reaktor. I was able to test ac impedance, but had to use such light pressure that the results are much worse than they probably would be if the protection circuitry worked correctly or if it didn't have protection. Using such light pressure influences the results of all the charge and discharge tests, and I had such a difficult time testing at 3A that I gave up after several attempts.

It worked in all the flashlights though, even the two with tight fits. Given my difficulties during testing, I did not expect it to work in any of the flashlights, so maybe there is a flaw in the way I test batteries. Instead of calling these batteries bad, I will accept that my testing methods might possibly be flawed, so I will say that the results of these tests are inconclusive.
More battery tests.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the first protected battery I have tested. Unfortunately I believe the review samples I tested both had faulty protection circuits. If I used more than the slightest pressure on the contacts, the battery would produce unusual results that made some tests impossible. For example, I was unable to complete internal resistance tests with the Opus BT-C3100 or Turnigy Reaktor. I was able to test ac impedance, but had to use such light pressure that the results are much worse than they probably would be if the protection circuitry worked correctly or if it didn't have protection. Using such light pressure influences the results of all the charge and discharge tests, and I had such a difficult time testing at 3A that I gave up after several attempts.

It worked in all the flashlights though, even the two with tight fits. Given my difficulties during testing, I did not expect it to work in any of the flashlights, so maybe there is a flaw in the way I test batteries. Instead of calling these batteries bad, I will accept that my testing methods might possibly be flawed, so I will say that the results of these tests are inconclusive.

Thank you for the review!

I can appreciate that you don't want to be too harsh...but that does seem like a pretty clear flaw with the cells. If they are that sensitive, I would imagine problems could easily result, even if they worked OK in your case. Either way, these are non high-discharge cells with only 2300 mAh capacity...I feel pretty confident that no one thinks this is a very good cell, even if the protection circuit was better. It doesn't offer anything special, in terms of capacity, or performance...

MicroBULEbear, too. As bad as that name is, even they can't get it right.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah...thanks but no thanks.

There's really very little time to mess around with inferior cells, with all the great ones coming to market over the past year, or two.

Chris

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
There are some other testers that got this battery too. I was really hoping one of them would post their results first. Unfortunately there are no other protected batteries in my testing queue, and all my protected batteries have lots of wear, so I probably won't be able to check my results until the other testers publish their results.